Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help with my Toyota Rav 4. Saw someone posting about a similar issue but didn't see a resolution. My traction control automatically enables itself when traveling at speeds higher than 35 mostly when turning slight turns and on the highway. The traction control makes the brake enable and I lose control of my vehicle for a short time. Does anyone know what this is attributed to and or how to fix? My mechanic is saying its probably something with the traction control module but idk. Any help please?!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have same problem. Toyota dealer couldn't find any issues when they looked at it.
Some have had to replace worn rack and pinion to solve issue. Others have had to replace shocks. I have one worn rear shock/strut (what ever it is). My wife drives the RAV4 and she has had it happen 3 times in the last year. Last time it went off, I was a passenger, we were going around a roundabout and it didn't affect control of vehicle but we were not going very fast.
Would be nice to be able to fix this issue as it could cause an accident.

My Land Cruiser had phantom ABS syndrome. On dry pavement the ABS would kick in when I was braking. About rear ended the car in front of me. I unplugged the ABS after that. I would do the same with the Traction Control on the RAV4 if I was the daily driver of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So...thx for the reply. I took it to a mechanic who did Traction control module testing and he found some codes that indicated a low voltage issue. After testing my alternator, battery etc he found my front tire pressure was extremely low. He filled up the tire Gabe the vehicle back to me and I've had no problems since. Weird though that a low tire would cause that many issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts