Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is will the 1- Mud flaps fit the 2020?
2- Will the floor mats and rear deck mat fit the 2020?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,184 Posts
You should be able to check by going onto a suppler site such as Weathertech and checking specs including parts numbers for both years,, or by going onto a Toyota OEM accessories supplier site and checking parts number although sometimes Toyota changes parts numbers from one model to the next even though the actual part specs are the same.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Curious as to why you'd trade in a 2018 for a 2020? You have a much more reliable vehicle. That generation has very few problems. More room and nearly bulletproof engine and transmission.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Curious as to why you'd trade in a 2018 for a 2020? You have a much more reliable vehicle. That generation has very few problems. More room and nearly bulletproof engine and transmission.
Probably true but 2018 ain't a beauty. There is no data that says 4.5 is not reliable. Reliable and Ugly vs. Reliable and Beautiful. I think the choice is clear.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Probably true but 2018 ain't a beauty. There is no data that says 4.5 is not reliable. Reliable and Ugly vs. Reliable and Beautiful. I think the choice is clear.
There is plenty of data. The hybrid has a major fuel tank design issue that cant be fixed. The 8 speed trans is having shifting problems even after the TSB. The torque vectoring AWD driveline disconnect system has major clunking.

The 2018 has none of these.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I personally think the 2018 looks more elegant.

But regardless, it sounds like you prefer style or substance which is a personal choice.

·
Registered
178 Posts
There is plenty of data. The hybrid has a major fuel tank design issue that cant be fixed. The 8 speed trans is having shifting problems even after the TSB. The torque vectoring AWD driveline disconnect system has major clunking.

The 2018 has none of these.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I personally think the 2018 looks more elegant.

But regardless, it sounds like you prefer style or substance which is a personal choice.
I have a gas RAV, so no fuel tank problem. Vast majority of people have no transmission issue including me. My XLE doesn’t have rear driveline disconnect. It’s fine.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have a gas RAV, so no fuel tank problem. Vast majority of people have no transmission issue including me. My XLE doesn’t have rear driveline disconnect. It’s fine.
I know yours is perfect but you cant say vast majority have no problems.

There are many reports on here, ToyotaNation and Edmunds. Lots of professional reviews noted transmission problems too. Its not insignificant.

·
Registered
178 Posts

There are many reports on here, ToyotaNation and Edmunds. Lots of professional reviews noted transmission problems too. Its not insignificant.
gas tank issue? Sure, many reports on the hybrids. But otherwise the vast majority of people have no issues. I stand by that phrase. Thread was for interchangeability of parts. It’s becoming trope, tag.

·
Registered
116 Posts

I don't have any issues with my 2019 RAV4. Just because there are issues reported by people on here, these do not translate to vast majority. I buy low end Toyota models because I had good luck with them

·
Registered
355 Posts
My question is will the 1- Mud flaps fit the 2020?
2- Will the floor mats and rear deck mat fit the 2020?

Thanks
Before you purchase your 2020 rav4, you might check other sources (e.g. like Amazon) for the floor mats that are Toyota OEM parts but at reduced price...the reason I mention this is when I bought my 2020 rav4, I wanted the roof racks but discovered that Amazon sold these (OEM parts with free shipping) and at an almost 33% discount! So instead of paying the stealership price, I bought from Amazon and installed them myself...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Guy asks about if parts fit and the negative pundit shows up. Nice!
No way, did we really just go sideways ;)
I don't have any issues with my 2019 RAV4. Just because there are issues reported by people on here, these do not translate to vast majority. I buy low end Toyota models because I had good luck with them
Absolutely right here. You get the same car, but just not all the bells and whistles which inevitably will be where the vast majority of problems will occur.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My Low End RAV has the door mirror rattle that the dealer can't fix, assorted other interior dash rattles and buzzes, and the fuel tank fill problem. Also a really odd and loud wind howl from somewhere on the right side of the windshield that only manifests at certain vehicle speed / wind speed conditions. Reminiscent in some ways of my clapped out 1993 GMC Sierra.

Buying the base trim didn't seem to get me anywhere.

Note to self. Never, ever buy first year total redesign vehicles. Toyota or not.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well ok, I guess I should say the things which could go wrong decrease with a lower end model ;) Higher end = more which could go wrong.
Yes, you are right. I'm just not too happy with my RAV today, so was just posting something negative to make myself feel better.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My Low End RAV has the door mirror rattle that the dealer can't fix, assorted other interior dash rattles and buzzes, and the fuel tank fill problem. Also a really odd and loud wind howl from somewhere on the right side of the windshield that only manifests at certain vehicle speed / wind speed conditions. Reminiscent in some ways of my clapped out 1993 GMC Sierra.

Buying the base trim didn't seem to get me anywhere.

Note to self. Never, ever buy first year total redesign vehicles. Toyota or not.
Your hybrid LE is a higher trim than my LE.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts