Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any pics of trailer hitches on thier 4.2 RAV ?

I just want to see how noticable it will be.

Thanks,

Walt

J

·
0 Posts
Trailer Hitch/Tow Bar

I believe there are two types of trailer hitch (Tow bar).

One with a fixed hook and one with a removable hook. I have the removable hook which has to be removed before opening the rear door. I presume that the fixed hook is mounted lower so that the rear door can be opened with it in place.

When my tow bar is not in use the hook is removed and stored in my garage. The part that remains fixed under the rear of the car is unobtrusive. I will try to get some photo's for you tomorrow.

S

·
0 Posts
No pictures at the momoent, but will try to get somem in the next couple of days. I have a Reese shadow mount, very stealth when the ball and draw bar are removed, but it is difficult to open the rear hatch when they are in place, the ball hits the bottom of the rear door, and needs to be coaxed open.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Easy Fix!

Hey sibbo,

I have a Draw-Tite that also fits nice and snug. I added a washer before bolting the hitch on to prevent the door from rubbing.

Ravon 8)
(Ray von)

X

·
0 Posts
Hi I have posted some pictures of my tow-hitch in my album. Note this is a UK Toyota accessory made by Brink...........works well :D

J

·
0 Posts
xt4 said:
Hi I have posted some pictures of my tow-hitch in my album. Note this is a UK Toyota accessory made by Brink...........works well :D
My Tow bar is the same as yours. My RAV is the same colour as yours too, but an Xt3.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the Pic xt4. Can I ask how much does trailer weighs and does it have electric brakes? Also
The Toyota tube looks very large. Is it for over 2,000 lbs?

As for the Reese, Draw-tite, Hidden Hitch in the same category. They seem to look very similar.
Can’t wait to see some pics of those. Sibbo if you don't mind taking it from the back of the RAV over 10 out at standing level I would appreciate it.
I think I would want it very hidden. However, if I remember correctly I think I seen one from Europe on this site that was on a small rear chrome bull bar that looked cool. 8)

X

·
0 Posts
1)
mionee67 said:
Thanks for the Pic xt4. Can I ask how much does trailer weighs and does it have electric brakes? Also
The Toyota tube looks very large. Is it for over 2,000 lbs?

2) However, if I remember correctly I think I seen one from Europe on this site that was on a small rear chrome bull bar that looked cool. 8)
1) The caravan has an unladen weight of 820 kgs and a maximum gross weight of 1000 kgs and 1 kilogram = 2.20462262 pound therefore 1804 lbs to 2200 lbs..................tows extremely well, fitted with mechanical over-run brakes

2) The cool chrome tow-bar is an Oz accessory see http://rav4.toyota.com.au/Rav403/Portal/Detail/0,1226,182-247-162,00.html

X

·
0 Posts
mionee67 said:
Thanks for the pics Mohit :D

What's there towing capacity and price?

Walt
Toyota Au state "When you've got a load to pull, Toyota Genuine's RAV4 Towbars have a 1500kg capacity (braked) to do the job. Practical and tough, they're the only towbars tested and approved by Toyota engineers according to Toyota's stringent safety standards."

However, when I contacted Toyota they told me they this type of bar did not meet European standards.........so best to check :roll:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yeh load rating is 1.5 tonnes. Tow bar and rear nudge bar cost around AU$500. It might not meet Euro standards due to different design rules but theres nothing wrong with this tow bar as every 2nd RAV on the road has this tow bar.

S

·
0 Posts
Here are some photos of amy reese shadow mount (check my album), I was hoping to post them earlier nut I was called out of town for a few days, hope this helps[/img]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts