Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, can u please give me some pointers on the tranny color? Stupid of me got caught in a flash flood, was too nervous to determine the height of the water, but the rav didn't stalled and went thru it like 2 minutes in a speed below 10mph. Thanks a million in advance.

Attachments

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,759 Posts
That looks fine to me. As long as it's pink/red, and not brown/black, you should be OK.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
What do your other fluids look like. Coolant, oil. Also your diffs have a very low vent and could have ingested some water.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
color looks very good, but doesn't mean there is no water in the oil. but wouldn't the water in the oil just evaporate given that the oil gets to 200F+

·
Registered
263 Posts
that's pretty light of color unless you changed recently. depends on fluid but usually it's a pretty deep red

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Will check the other fluid probably tomorrow, engine oil looks golden, and it will only get water if it manage to get thru the intake, but I read in the forum that transmission oil change to milky pink color when it react with water...

Sorry, forgot to mention my rav details, it's a 2011, black, v6, limited, 36k miles.

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts