Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I had made one of these vacuum line diagrams before based on a hand drawn one I got from a nearby Toyota dealership maintenance department however, it was way off so I deleted it, here is the real thing.

In the below illustration it shows vacuum lines "0" and "2" location on the VSVs, that was key because two of the vacuum ports on the transfer actuator are labeled "0" and "2" the other ports are unlabeled. The unlabeled port next to "2" on the transfer actuator is a smaller diameter than the others and that matches the size coming from the intake manifold. The split line that goes to ports "1" and "3" on the VSVs is left going to the lone port on the secondary vacuum chamber.

I did confirm that this works on my 99 RAV4; I don't know if all the models are exactly alike.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can a moderator change the heading to Transfer Case Actuator Vacuum Line Diagrams, RAV4.1

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This post is purely for search engines.
RAV4
RAV4.1
4x4 Transfer Case Actuator Vacuum Line Diagrams
Illustrations
Drawings
AWD
Vacuum hose
1996 1997 1998 1999 2000
96 97 98 99 00
Transfer case solenoid
Transfer case VSV

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
A guide for the easier way to do get to get to the vacuum actuator to install the vacuum lines.

Materials needed (you can use different colored lines, these are just suggestions)(I got the colors and great quality hoses from ebay.com):
2 ft - 5mm black silicone high temp vacuum line
2 ft - 5mm green silicone high temp vacuum line
2 ft - 5mm blue silicone high temp vacuum line
2 ft - 3mm red silicone high temp vacuum line
Reuse the vacuum line splitter and anti-chafe tubing

Tools needed:
- long reach needle nose pliers
- jack
- jack stand

Procedure:
- Jack the passenger side up at the "frame" just behind the engine to lift the tire off the ground and place a jack stand under the car for safety. Set the brake, chock the rear tires. The reason you jack it up is to make it easier to work under the car and to drop the tie rod down so you can get your arm in there.
- Assemble your vacuum lines using the anti chafe material provided or replace with new material, remember it gets really hot here so if you are replacing it use something heat resistant.
- Lower the assembled hoses behind the engine roughly into place.
- Install the blue line (#3) first, this is the most difficult and you are probably not going to do it if you have large arms and fingers. The location is under the black (#0) vacuum line, you cannot see it you have to feel for it, you will feel one of the mounting bolts move your hand around until you feel the vacuum port. Grab the hose between two fingers like holding a cigarette and push it on, it is not an easy job and it can be frustrating but it is doable.
- Using long reach needle nose pliers put the other hoses on starting at the 3mm hose
- Once the lower hoses are on, connect them to the appropriate locations on the VSVs according to the diagram

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you so much! It was crazy! I went to your other stuff album & could see every pic & diagram except the 2 I needed (vsv & t-case). I finally went to a windows computer & ie. It popped up & asked if I wanted to see only secure content or all content. I selected all content & it popped up.

Thank you again for this!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts