Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all

Tried to find the answer to this by surfing but to no avail. I just changed the transfer case on my 2010 v6 Ltd with 42000 miles. I over filled it by filling via the 24mm nut on the right side of the case. After driving about 250 miles I noted great oil on the garage floor, realised that it was coming from the breather and discovered on here that I'd used the wrong filler .

I drained the transfer case by removing the correct fill plug, draining probably a pint or so in the process. I put the plug back in and all seems ok now.

Two questions : first, could I have done any damage, and second, what the heck is that other fill plug for?

Thank you all in anticipation of your time.

Regards,

Chamba

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Don't know what the other plug is for but it's not very likely at all that you damaged anything. Other than your garage floor of course!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That's my feeling too. My wife's driving it to work now so I guess we'll see how it goes. I read that the transfer takes a half quart so did think it odd that I put nearly a quart in. I drive a Land Cruiser though so I dismissed it as simple Toyota over -engineering.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts