Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a 2001 Rav4 and it won't shift out of 2nd gear and wouldn't go in reverse. I did a trans fluid and filter change and let me tell you it was black as oil and the trans filter and pan had shaving and sludge in the pan, worse i ever seen. I put a new trans filter in and new fluid and it seems to shift better and it now goes in reserve but it still acts funny. Like it's not fully engaging. My check engine light did read po750 and another one saying solenoid a and b were bad. Do you think my solenoids are bad or do you think that the ecu is making it do that? After seeing how filthy the trans is i could not believe it. What do you guys think? I only did a drain and filter not a full flush.

·
Super Moderator
10,199 Posts
It takes several drain and refills to replace the old fluid since you're only diluting the old stuff each time. But since you did see an improvement I'd suggest either 2-3 more or a flush using the cooler hoses. May cure everything but even if you do end up changing the solenoids you'd still be replacing the fluid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts