Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, bought a 2018 Rav4 Adventure XLE yesterday. 6 speed auto trans. Thought I'd ask the people who actually drive them this question. Will it ever need/should I service the transmission? Currently has 27,345 miles. I just got rid of my 2011 Subaru Outback with a bad auto transmission. Loved the car, found out too late they have bad auto transmissions. Yeah well, lesson learned. No more Subaru's for me. Back to my question. My Rav4 (love it!) has a similar transmission so, what's the best thing to do? Service at 30,000, 50,000, it's fine for life? What do you all think?
Appreciate your input. Thanks 馃檪

Registered
Toyota basically says the same. Transmission fluid is a 'lifetime' thing under normal operating conditions. So I suggest that you sell your Toyota immediately while it is still good so as to avoid any disappointment down the road.

Now seriously.... If you drive your RAV4's U760 6 speed conventional automatic like you did your Outback's Generation-I TR-690 CVT, it too will be trash sometime after 100k miles.

As long as you don't abuse it (like rocking it while stuck in snow), your fluid should be just fine well past 50k miles. I did my last two Sienna vans at around 70k with a full flush-type removal and refill with Toyota WS fluid.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Toyota basically says the same. Transmission fluid is a 'lifetime' thing under normal operating conditions. So I suggest that you sell your Toyota immediately while it is still good so as to avoid any disappointment down the road.

Now seriously.... If you drive your RAV4's U760 6 speed conventional automatic like you did your Outback's Generation-I TR-690 CVT, it too will be trash sometime after 100k miles.

As long as you don't abuse it (like rocking it while stuck in snow), your fluid should be just fine well past 50k miles. I did my last two Sienna vans at around 70k with a full flush-type removal and refill with Toyota WS fluid.
Thanks 馃檪

1 - 3 of 3 Posts