Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had to replace the slide cover thing for the transmission shift lever? Mine got something sticky in it, and while I cleaned it, I wasn't able to get it all. So, after procrastinating too long about taking the console apart to clean everything properly, the thin plastic failed (interestingly enough, Toyota's got a tsb about this, T-SB-0145-14, at least for 2013-2015). Looking at the parts manuals, looks like there's two official parts, 359750R010 and 359760R010. But those are sort of pricy. One can be had for about $60 and the other is like $13.

In my searches, a different part for a Lexus, part number 3597553020 showed up. Not only do these have both components in the one thing, but they are alot cheaper (there's one on ebay for $11 or OEM for $13 (sorry can't post links - first post)). I can't find any good pictures of the "proper" one so I can compare, but the Lexus one looks it should work. Actually, looks like the same thing to me. What do you think?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 2011 v6 base, so this should be the right forum. That tsb was just interesting because it was exactly what I was seeing, even though it was the next gen. Also makes me think Toyota used that part on many vehicles.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Its a 2011 v6 base, so this should be the right forum. That tsb was just interesting because it was exactly what I was seeing, even though it was the next gen. Also makes me think Toyota used that part on many vehicles.
Well you can take a chance since it is only $13 but I did check one of the Ebay seller that you can enter your vehicle and said it is not compatible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
DL175
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing