Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Having trouble with my 2005 Rav.

About a month ago (during the rain) all of a sudden my CEL, VSC, and TRAC lights all came on at once. Couldn't find any reason for it. The very next day the transmission started slipping. Hitting the gas and the RPMs would shoot up but no acceleration. I immediately took it to the dealership.

The dealership could not find any reason for the problems but they cleared the error and for about a month there were no issues. Yesterday the same issue happened again. CEL, VSC, and TRAC lights all came on at once and I had the same issue where pressing the gas did not cause acceleration. It was NOT raining yesterday thought it has been raining for the past few days.

Any thoughts? I mention the rain because the dealer had suggested there may be a problem with the sensor and sometimes when they get wet, etc... could be a problem? I kind of doubt it. They seemed pretty convinced that there wasn't a problem with the transmission but other than that I'm really not looking forward to bringing it back in only to be told that they can't find anything again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, here's an update.

The error code is P0500 which is evidently a speed sensor error.

I was planning on taking it into the shop again today when I stopped to get gas. After filling up my tank, the transmission stopped slipping and the CEL, VSC, and TRAC lights all went out on the dash.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts