Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2012 rav4 with 130,000 KMs Had a transmission oil change done at local Toyota dealer.Noticed right away that it shifted from 2nd to 3rd with a klunk.Left on a trip the next day and by the end of the day it would rev 1500 rpms between shifts and wouldn,t shift into over drive any more.Tranny slipping badly now and back in local dealer.What went wrong with oil change

·
Super Moderator
11,098 Posts
Was it a full flush of all the fluid or a simple drain and refill of 1/3 of the fluid?
Either way it sounds like they didn't put the right amount back in.
But you should have gone back ASA you noticed an issue instead of taking it on a trip. I hope not but permanent damage may have been done which they may say you are responsible for.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it was just a flush. I do have extended warranty. I did call the service department after I noticed the first bad shift 150 KMs from home. They said to keep driving and keep an eye on it. Not a nice way to start a trip.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I think it was just a flush. I do have extended warranty. I did call the service department after I noticed the first bad shift 150 KMs from home. They said to keep driving and keep an eye on it. Not a nice way to start a trip.
Let us know how you make out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts