Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I have just joined the Toyota RAV4 owners with purchasing my 2011 Limited 4WD V6, TO package.
How do I know what is the transmission on my model, it is not shown on Toyota website (based on the VIN). I saw that there are the following posibilities: U140F, U151E, U151F, U241E...

·
Registered
340 Posts
V6 4wd is the U151F - same as me. U151E is fwd.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the answers!

Unrelated... is there a hidden button to trigger TPMS re-learn? I bought it with that light on, the tires pressure is OK.

·
Super Moderator
9,413 Posts
Appreciate the answers!

Unrelated... is there a hidden button to trigger TPMS re-learn? I bought it with that light on, the tires pressure is OK.
I know my '06 V6 doesn't have a button and I don't believe it was added to later 4.3 generation cars.

Interesting sidelight: Yesterday I looked at a 2011 RAV4 V6 Limited on CL as a possible upgrade to my '06. Asking price was very good and at one hour away it was worth a look. First thing wrong was it had Base trim steel wheels instead of the proper alloys. It drove okay but the TPMS light was on. First thought was a low spare but when I hooked up my Autel All Codes Scanner it became obvious altho it should've been ASA I saw the wheels. Scanner showed no signal from all four wheels. Obviously the senders that matched the car went with the alloy rims.

Another suspicious thing was that altho the car was from CT and serviced locally the "title" paperwork which looked like someone printed it on their computer was from Arizona. Had an AZ dealer plate on it too.
It all turned me off so I passed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts