Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I leave the technical control and the guy told me that I have a faulty transmission bellows AVD including accouplements.Alors my question is that its easy to do or even be pas.En Thanking you in advance your answers:frown

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bonjour a tous, je sors du contrôle technique et le gars m'annonce que j'ai un soufflet défectueux a la transmission AVD y compris accouplements.Alors ma question est ce que ses facile a faire sois meme ou pas.En vous remerciant par avance de vos reponses

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Translation:

I just had my Ministry of Transportation test and the technician says that I have defective bellows on my "AVD" (awd???) transmission as well as couplings.
Is this something that I can fix myself?

For OP: Hadok, quelle sorte de RAV4 que tu as? C'est surement pas une 4.4. Is your RAV4 really a 4.4? Diesel? Manuel?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bonjour et merci de m'avoir repondu,je possede un RAV 4 136 cv de 2006 Diesel boite manuel ma demande était est ce que je peut le faire moi meme ou passee par un garage merci

·
Super Moderator
11,138 Posts
Vanib,

Should this be moved? Thanks so much for your translation skills.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sounds like torn CV boots on the driveshafts? My experience, faster and more economical to replace the whole axle then try and fit a Speedi-boot / Quick-boot CV kit. As who knows how long that CV joint was exposed to the elements without the protective boot/reduced grease. If the OP can attempt this themselves, depends on how savvy they are with tools, this level of work. Since they are asking, I'm assuming it would probably be best to have a professional shop do the work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts