Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an original used TRD aluminium oil filler cap off of E-Bay for 10 bucks. What a steal! But I am beginning to question myself. What is the point of a flash oil filler cap? What was wrong with the plastic one? What am I doing?

M

·
0 Posts
It is a waist of money . There is nothing wrong with the plastic one .

I would never give money for that . ... :wink:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Mille, although I must say that if had your wheels (which look very tasty) I wouldn't just stop with the oil cap. I'd probably buy TRD valve caps as well!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Well Ian, to truly answer your question; you must ask yourself what was the motivation behind getting it in the first place. :D I would have to say that you got it to improve the appearance of your RAV :?:

There's nothing wrong with that, some people just like to see something out of the ordinary. That is what most of us who modify our RAVs want to achieve. Some of us for performance gains or appearance; and others for both.

Yes, what's the point of putting on a bling oil cap if nobody gets to see it. :lol: Well, for me; I am the one who will get the most satisfaction when opening up my hood. It's better to see the inside of my engine bay now than it was when it was stock.

·
Registered
10,304 Posts
I've been always looking at that TRD Cap. One question; What's the point? :doh: Blow $80.00 bucks. Does it give power? :roll: Does it seal better then the OEM? :roll: Lets see what else I can buy for 80.00 bucks

A Pivot Razini Electronic stabilizer
A Pivot Ground kit
A Performance Muffler
A Performance K&N Air Filter
A Set of Stainless Steel Brake Lines
A Performance set of Brake Pads

The list goes on and on.

:wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts