Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
2020 RAV4 Hybrid LE
Not sure on fitment, but I鈥檝e been using oem Toyota filters for years and never had engine issues. May get slightly better filtration with this, but I doubt you鈥檒l notice a difference over the life of the vehicle. You can get a 5 pack of oem filters online for $20-25 depending on where you look.

Registered
2019 Rav4h Ltd 馃嚡馃嚨
Would need to find out who actually manufactures it as it might be the same as something that is readily available. For 11 bucks I can get a M1 or Fram XG (NOT orange can) and still save some money.

Registered
2021 Rav 4 XLE gas engine
Wix WL10332 for about $6.50https://youtu.be/hjQNyL6wPt0
Wix is probably better than all Toyota Denso filters. The OEM stock filter does NOT have any end caps at all. It amazingly has a good reputation and everyone uses it -- but it's really crappy cheap construction like an orange canister Fram The TRD filter has synthetic filter medium as well as metal end caps. The Wix filters all have metal end caps and come in different filter mediums including synthetic. The Wix are available OTC at most parts stores, have a long standing excellent reputation and are inexpensive.

Registered
2021 Rav 4 XLE gas engine
I started using Wix oil filters in the 1970s after print magazine (pre-internet) tests showed the Wix with a much greater quantity of filter medium than other rivals after unrolling. I have read internet chatter that the OEM Denso filters without end caps are better for the new Dynamic Force engines because they are less restrictive and actually worse in filtering ability BUT better in their oil flow rate which is somehow desirable for the electric oil pump and the VVT. I don't believe this. The purpose of a filter is to filter. If oil flow rate is the goal then leave off the filter entirely. I had an OSCA Maserati that had no oil filter -- the crankshaft pulley was a hollow affair with an internal mechanism that separated and trapped metallic particles in the oil by centrifical force when it spun.

Registered
21 RAV4 XLE Premium AWD Gas
I picked up two filters from the Dealer for now, I want to find a larger or longer filter for My Rav4 ICE.

I have no problem using Wix, or Mobil-1 filter.

One guy @ Mobil told me i would void the warranty, get mad at me for even suggesting that i use a different filter than Manufacture number, Another week i called and was told that another numbered Filter is longer but all the same specs and would be fine, i would just have to measure where the filter goes to see if it would fit. SHrugging.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts