Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, got some sound advice from Mensajero on how to improve the 3S-FE so does anyone know where i can buy TRD parts? (Thermostat and Radiator Cap). :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
I think that you'll find the link on the site here to brandsport.com.
Be sure to use the link, it helps out the site here. I know that they have the radiator cap, not sure about the thermostat though.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
This is the one you will need for the 3SFE engine.

Adapted No. 1

TRD Part No
16340-SP000

Code
C

Toyota Genuine Part No.
90916-03046

More Help
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/parts/trd_thermostat/

Brandsport.com to the rescue
http://www.brandsport.com/trdj-16340-sp020.html

Remember to ask for the 10% discount. The reason why I do this because man. These thing really work. Keeping the engine cooler helps the engine in performance and engine durability. BTW, when you are going to install it, let me know. I'll give you some pointer that will help.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hey mensajero, wasn't there some type of issue with using this thermostat in cold weather? Something like the heat in your RAV wouldn't get as warm because the RAV is allowed to run cooler? I only mention this because he is in Cananda which is farther north then me.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Ok here's a link

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31299

http://0-www.cartalk.com/content/columns/Archive/1997/January/12.html

Hard to say for sure. The one article is for mustangs (and american vehicles are built like crap anyway) :lol: It talks about air finding its way into the block. How's that happen if its done correctly? There shouldn't be air in there in the first place.

The other some radio jockeys, who "apperently" know about cars. I really don't see a need for it unless you are making decent improvements to the engine that require extra cooling. In mensajero's case. Yes, I think its necessary. In my situation. Not yet. And for the winter time, I can't see where it would allow the engine to warm up suffeciently (did I spell that right?) to produce enough heat to warm the cabin.

But hey, we could always use a guinea pig............. :wink:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tend to agree with you dnylrq on this one, and I don't think i want to be the guinea pig :) However i did get my CIA installed on the week end, sounds good. I think i might even feel a little more pull too. This forum is the best in the world. Thanks to you guys for all the tips. When the winter is over i think it's going to be lowering springs, one thing at a time says mensajero. :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
yup....that's right....

here is my To-Do list for summer, most of them i bought already but still looking for an exhaust :

- header (alphawerks)
- OEM foglights
- tinted tail lights (nightshades)
- wheel spacers
- aftermarket catback
- more to come........

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pics to come in the summer when i have a few more things done. I just bought the Indiglo for the dash and clear lenses for the front bumper, my sights are set on this puppy... www.sfxperformance.com/parts/BRO112602.htm
thanks to Zoomie. Also where do i get spacers for the 97' and how much will they cost? My wish list is getting bigger everyday guys.
CoolRunnings :)

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
drewden said:
Pics to come in the summer when i have a few more things done. I just bought the Indiglo for the dash and clear lenses for the front bumper, my sights are set on this puppy... www.sfxperformance.com/parts/BRO112602.htm
thanks to Zoomie. Also where do i get spacers for the 97' and how much will they cost? My wish list is getting bigger everyday guys.
CoolRunnings :)
Check with Derek, he has the best spacers on the market for RAV4. These are the H&R. BTW, do you have a DEEP pocket, Pricey. But they ARE State of the Art

http://froogle.google.com/froogle_cluster?btnG=Search+Froogle&hl=en&oid=2736446369229144106&pid=1933066168051107289&q=H&R+Spacers+RAV4&scoring=p

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Mensagero is right about the H&R wheel spacers. :D Definitely the best spacers sold on the market currently. In all honesty, you could get very cheap spacers that are not hubcentric. But you would sacrifice safety and probably acquire high speed vibrations as well. I initally bought very cheap generic wheel spacers that were not hubcentric. I suffered with high speed vibrations and also snapped off one lug when changing a tire. :shock:

With H&R, you will get high quality materials and excellent fit and finish. I have 2 sets of H&Rs on my RAV, 25mm in the front and 30mm in the rear. No problems encountered since installing them. By the way, 25mm is the smallest spacers that you can go with without removing the hub and replacing with longer lugs. Just for your information. :D

W

·
0 Posts
hi i bought a trd readiator cap a while ago, but i dont know if it would fit the rav, is 1.3kg fit for rav? thanks

W

·
0 Posts
mensajero said:
Just try it on dude.
thanks but what i ment was is 1.3kg the right one, coz there is another one that is 1.5kg, everything at the back is jap so i cant understand it hehe

thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts