Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Would the oem skid plates fit a 2021 rav hybrid? Im getting the run around from Toyota. They have no idea if it would fit a hybrid model.
100% yes they fit the hybrid model. When I traded my 2021 limited in for a Prime, found out the rear skid plate doesn't quite, so I cut the last 6 inches off to make it fit. Front skid plate fits perfectly.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone
Any one tried to replace the rear skid plate to the metal one ( PT938-42211) by himself/herself ?
Pictures(step by step) or a video will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
12 Posts
The TRD plates were a tad expensive for my purposes so I ordered the Northwoods Performance 3/16” aluminum skid plate for $339; waiting for FedEx to deliver it shortly. I’ll let y’all know how the install goes but it does look like it provides some good protection under the radiator.

View attachment 165499
How did the skid plate work out?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just installed the northwoods plate. Works pretty good, I got the version with holes for oil changes. It's heavy and I had to get some help to hold it in place and push it up to bolt it in, so I can't imagine it really being feasible to pop it on and off for oil changes.

·
Registered
313 Posts
How did the skid plate work out?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
I was about to install the Northwoods plate but after reading the instructions and spotted that you have to drill two holes and you have to cut your factory plastic underbody aero panels in half, I decided not to tackle it three days before my 6K mile road trip. Didn’t want to risk having things flapping around at high speeds. It is still in my garage and my intention is to get to it in the fall.

161 - 168 of 168 Posts