Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ill be hopefully getting a set of rav4 trd wheels for my Le. Of course those are 18s, and the le wheels are 17s. Do I just have to remove the tire pressure sensors from my old wheels and move them into the trd wheels and its as simple as that? Or will the sensors have to be recalibrated as the tires and wheel size are completely different. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
166 Posts
So ill be hopefully getting a set of rav4 trd wheels for my Le. Of course those are 18s, and the le wheels are 17s. Do I just have to remove the tire pressure sensors from my old wheels and move them into the trd wheels and its as simple as that? Or will the sensors have to be recalibrated as the tires and wheel size are completely different. Thanks for the help!
Yes. You don't have to do anythign else. You are good to go once you transfer TPMS sensors from the original rims to TRD rims.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The tire shop should know how to do this swap but most likely they will charge you for a rebuild kit for each sensor. It's basically a seal and I believe a nut. They did this when I replaced tires on my X3 but it wasn't too expensive. Don't want the new tires leaking air.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Would you mind sharing the part number. I'm also looking to install them on my 2016 RAV4 (I'm hoping the bolt pattern hasn't changed). Also post some pics once you get them installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts