Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
mensajero said:
Send Next Phase Performance an Money Order. Give them a call and ask for their address and tell them what you would like to do. Almost likely they will tell you to send it "Care To....." He will be waiting for it and will do the shipping. These people work well.

Next Level Performance
PO Box 234
Bloomsburg, PA 17815

1-888-293-1695.

http://www.nextlevelracing.com/about.htm
Thanks mensa 8)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ok, so no one ever opened up the Tri-Phase module to see what's inside? Looking at other forums it sounds like it's just another IAT adjuster. The only thing it connects to is the temp sensor, so there's nothing it can do but change that one reading to the ECU. It may do it better than other options but it's basically the same thing.

If I have time I'm gonna buy a switch, pot and project box, run a SPDT switch so I can run the engine normally with it off, or run in series with the temp sensor and a pot to decrease the perceived temperature by the ECU. Then I can adjust for different ambient temps to get more gas in when I want. Any thoughts?

With the scangauge you can see exactly what temp the ECU thinks it is, and adjust accordingly. So does anyone have a tri-phase and scangauge installed?

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
otterpopjunkie said:
Ok, so no one ever opened up the Tri-Phase module to see what's inside? Looking at other forums it sounds like it's just another IAT adjuster. The only thing it connects to is the temp sensor, so there's nothing it can do but change that one reading to the ECU. It may do it better than other options but it's basically the same thing.

If I have time I'm gonna buy a switch, pot and project box, run a SPDT switch so I can run the engine normally with it off, or run in series with the temp sensor and a pot to decrease the perceived temperature by the ECU. Then I can adjust for different ambient temps to get more gas in when I want. Any thoughts?

With the scangauge you can see exactly what temp the ECU thinks it is, and adjust accordingly. So does anyone have a tri-phase and scangauge installed?
I do.

·
Registered
63 Posts
mensajero, can you report on what the intake air temperature reads with and without the tri-phase on under differerent temperatures? I'm guessing it'll read something like 10deg cooler with it on +, and maybe 20 cooler on ++... but does the difference change for different ambient temps?

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
otterpopjunkie said:
mensajero, can you report on what the intake air temperature reads with and without the tri-phase on under differerent temperatures? I'm guessing it'll read something like 10deg cooler with it on +, and maybe 20 cooler on ++... but does the difference change for different ambient temps?
That would be an interesting observation. But I'd have to place the camera in front of the Scan Gauge and then flick the switch, while I'm driving at Mach 6. :) OK, I'll try. Then I'll post the clip on You Tube. Give me a week or so.

·
Registered
63 Posts
mensajero said:
That would be an interesting observation. But I'd have to place the camera in front of the Scan Gauge and then flick the switch, while I'm driving at Mach 6. :) OK, I'll try. Then I'll post the clip on You Tube. Give me a week or so.
Just knowing the temperature difference when you first start the car while it's stable for a minute should tell enough, and then again when it's hotter/colder outside. Don't need to be going mach speed :p

41 - 48 of 48 Posts