Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MSRP was $35,928 ('17 RAV4 Hybrid Limited). I offered dealer $28,500 OTD. I thought it was a fair offer, since the dealer gets the $2250 'yota rebate, but I guess not. Opinions/thoughts?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, if $5200 off MSRP was too much to ask, what number would you be looking at?

·
Registered
229 Posts
MSRP was $35,928 ('17 RAV4 Hybrid Limited). I offered dealer $28,500 OTD. I thought it was a fair offer, since the dealer gets the $2250 'yota rebate, but I guess not. Opinions/thoughts?
I really can't see a new Limited Hybrid going for that price.

·
Registered
40 Posts
We bought our 2017 Hybrid Limited in February, MRSP was $35,858. We offered $34,000 even, received a firm no thanks, finally settled for $34,400 plus tax & license. Tried to get one from a dealer in Yakima,WA for the $34,000, he said he checked with dealers in 5 neighboring States and none would sell one for $34,000 for a similarly equipped limited. Things may have changed since then..��

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Hybrids sell themselves so the dealers aren't going to negotiate very much. Their attitude is if you don't want it someone else will buy it. $7500 off MSRP is quite a bit and if I read correctly your offer included all the fees and taxes OTD. Like Flyman98 says you might be able to get $1000-$1500 off the MSRP. Also try to negotiate accessories that they can throw in for free to sweeten the deal. Good luck in your negotiations!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If hybrids were selling themselves, why would 'yota be giving a $2250 rebate? ($2000 rebate in May and bumped it to $2250 in June) I don't think RAV4 hybrids started off with any rebate when introduced. A rebate is used to stimulate sales as it is a refund of an overcharge.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Toyota seems to be giving rebates on many of their models to boost sales. Not just the RAV4. They are just like any other retailer that has sales. It's to bring in more customers. In some states the rebates don't apply to the Hybrid.

·
Super Moderator
11,459 Posts
If you google it there are MANY sites offering information on new car pricing. Your offer was nothing short of ridiculous so do some reading and find out what's realistic and what's not.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am shopping myself, and $3500 off msrp is about as good as I have seen. The hybrid rebate here in Pennsylvania is $1500.

·
Registered
423 Posts
At our Toyota dealer there is the MSRP and then listed under that is "their price," which is usually a couple thousand dollars lower. But there is no discount listed for the RAV4 hybrid. It is what it is. They sell them off the lot almost as soon as they come in, so I am told. But we did get a $500 Memorial Day discount last year when we got ours and I was very happy with what they gave us for the Lincoln that we traded.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Getting 10% off MSRP is pretty normal. Then there is the sales tax.

35928 * 0.9 = 32335 * 1.0625 = 34355

Your offer is only about 83% of what someone else will pay tomorrow.

28500 / 34355 = 0.83

That's way out there.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just used Toyota’s Build APP for a 2017 HB with TP and white paint, and it says the MSRP is 36910. or about the same as my 2016.

When I bought mine, it had to be ordered, because they were scarce a hens teeth. I bought a 2016 HB with the TP. The MSRP was 37009. They did drop the price to 35425, which I thought was reasonable, as they were in high demand and no inventory anywhere. I still had to pay taxes and a 500 Dealer Fee and so my OTD was 38600. I think 1500 off that type of car is a good deal and matches up with what is being said here.

I don’t think you understand what you are trying to buy.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Call or email 3 dealers. You may be able to get $500 below the lowest rate, but don't expect much beyond that. $7500 is ridiculous and no wonder the dealer laughed at you.

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
If you could have successfully worked a deal like that I would have employed you to negotiate for my next vehicle, whatever that might be. But that sort of deal obviously ordinarily is the stuff of dreamland!

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
My hats off to for even trying that figure. The RAV4H is just too hot right now, but most likely would not have worked either way.

Reactions: edit808

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think we got our XLE for about that money.

TBH, I don't think the Limited had anything that i wish I had, having owned the car for 6 months.

The XLE is the best car I've ever owned.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts