Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I have a 2008 V6 RAV4 that was made in Japan. I have an iphone SE and just purchased Fusion OSB2. The App connects to the LELink via Bluetooth just fine, but won't connect to the ECU. Waiting to hear back from support at Fusion, but thought I'd put this out there in case someone has experience with this issue. I guess the next step might be to try connecting the vehicle to a scanner at a garage? Thanks in advance! JimmyK

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update on iphone/OBD2/LELink/Fusion App situation with 2008 Japanese built RAV4 V6 Limited. After researching what I could discover (and understand) online, and after many emails back and forth with support at Fusion, still no success. I tried the LELink/Fusion combo in my wife's 2013 Matrix and it doesn't connect with her vehicle either. BUT, the free LELink OBD2 App does work with her car, and provides basic readings like tach, and engine temp. Neither App will work with my RAV4. So, my conclusion is that this is a complicated business, and some interfaces work with some Apps, and some Apps only work with some vehicles. Does anyone have an OBD2 interface and App that's working well with their RAV? Particularly for advanced monitoring like transmission temp?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I do have one, and it works, but:
1. My V6 was made in Canada. Don't know if that makes a difference.
2. I have an Android phone. Much open to those readers, Apple hates any device that is not from their garden and tries to connect over Bluetooth. So for iPhone you need the WiFi versions of those OBD II adapters: https://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-Reader-Diagnostics-Devices/dp/B078K54MT5/

The app that I use is the paid version of Torque. They have a free one for test too (at least on the Android store).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks SoNic67! Although the Fusion folks recommend LELink/Bluetooth for Apple, what you are suggesting makes sense.
As far as Canadian vs. Japan, good question. I will try to find out.
I am going to return the LELink and purchase a Wifi interface to try with Fusion/iphone. If that doesn't fly I guess I will look into something to try with my PC laptop. BTW, the reason I chose Fusion is their support assured me their advanced edition is capable of reading transmission temp. I believe Torque does as well?
Also, do you use Wifi or Bluetooth with your Android?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Bluetooth. The manufacturer that I linked recommends that over WiFi... don't know why.

The laptop, with a USB connected adapter, can make use of the advanced techstream (factory software). Just ssearch for "toyota techstream cable". Setting it up on a 64 bit Windows 7 laptop can be tricky. On a Windows 10... I don't know if it works.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Folks. Just to update the OBD2 thing. I returned the LELink and bought a VeePeak (another bluetooth interface). It works with OBD Fusion and my 2008 Japanese RAV4 V6 sold in Canada. I purchased the extra PID package and was able to figure out how to configure a gauge for Transmission Oil temp. Woo hoo. So some OBD2 interfaces don't work on some vehicles. Hit and miss.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts