Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2014 Rav4 AWD XLE in 2014, when my grandson was 2. Soon, another grandchild is on the way. My grandson (now 4) is in a Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 car seat (its pretty big for a child seat). I will soon have to buy an infant car seat (which naturally, will be smaller). I still need to be able to fit one adult in the rear seat as well (the middle "seat" in the Rav4 is somewhat of a joke). So has anyone else been in this type of situation with 3 people in the rear seat with one or two being in car seats? I didn't think to research the rear seat width back when I bought the car - i figured it was as wide as a Camry... Didn't want to step up to a Highlander and pay significantly more. Any tips would be appreciated!

·
Registered
337 Posts
With 2 booster seats in the back of our 4.2 it is an extremely tight squeeze for even a skinny butt, like almost impossible, and I'm guessing yours is roughly the same.

I will be driving 3 kids to school in September and have to put the tallest one in the front seat on a booster because 3 booster seats don't fit safely in the back.

*Edit - Try googling for "slim carseats" or something like that.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I am in the same boat (SUV, actually). Along came our first grandchild and the back seat of our RAV became a 2 passenger rather than 3. The car seat is much wider than an average person's derriere, so the centre position is a very tight fit for even a skinny person. In retrospect, I now wish I had bought a larger vehicle. My next vehicle won't be a RAV4. In my sights are one of: '16 Honda Pilot, '16 Highlander, '16 Sienna van, with the Pilot my first choice right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.