Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably the worst question ever asked on this forum. The model is a 2007, bought it second hand few weeks ago.

CD/DVD/Radio/NAV console worked with no troubles. However, twice so far the console can not be started up anymore, seems like it isn't receiving any power at all.

First time it occured the problem just went away after a few days, radio started up normally (by luck) one evening after starting the car. Was using the NAV few days ago, arriving at destination and shutting down the car, next morning again zero, nothing, can't get it to start working (no part at all of the audio/nav console). Fuses are OK.

What am I doing wrong ?
Is this an existing real minor problem and how to overcome it ?

Thanks for reaching out,

Mac.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,895 Posts
Where are you located? Here in N. America, the RAV4 didn't get a factory NAV system until the 2009 model year. And it seems that each region gets a different system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear JuneBug,

Thank you for your reaction. Currently located in Bulgaria (East Europe). Though the car was purchased originally from Germany. I have been travelling quite a bit since I got the car two weeks ago and temperature seems to be unrelated to the matter. It is a mystery to me as to why it sometimes works and sometimes not. Last trip was during night time at temperatures around 18 degrees Celsius (60's Fahrenheit). Tried to start it up during several stops, with shutting down of the engine and restarting.... to no avail. Today was another day without music but the car is performing great, it's a 2.2 Diesel (DCAT engine I believe).

Have you got the slightest idea of what could possibly the issue here ?

Many thanks in advance,
Mac.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,895 Posts
Hi JuneBug,

please find attached a picture of the actual NAV/RAdio/... console.

Regards,

Mac
Mac, that is NOT a Toyota factory nav unit. It looks like a Chinese unit such as those found on Ebay and Alibaba.com. The earlier ones used Windows CE as the operating system, but the newer ones use Android. Most of them don't even have a name on the front. A genuine Toyota head unit will have TOYOTA somewhere on the front faceplate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi JuneBug, thanks for the info. Still no progress on starting up the unit. Anybody any idea at all ?
Thanks,

Mac.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reset

Dear Junebug,

I found a tiny little hole on the console that seems to be a reset function. Gentle push with the end of a paperclip and the radio/nav console came to live immediately.

Thanks for your help and I'll be browsing the forum in the future for sure.
Great site !

regards,

Mac.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dear Junebug,

I found a tiny little hole on the console that seems to be a reset function. Gentle push with the end of a paperclip and the radio/nav console came to live immediately.

Thanks for your help and I'll be browsing the forum in the future for sure.
Great site !

regards,

Mac.
Thanks for the tip, good to keep in mind in case i need it!! :smile

1 - 8 of 8 Posts