Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Like many, I've had zero success in getting my phone to charge with the Qi wireless charger included in my RAV4 Prime. No matter where I placed it, it would charge for approximately 20-30 seconds before it would stop and the orange indicator LED would start to blink.

I've read a couple of references about potentially fixing the issue by changing the charger's frequency, which supposedly could be accomplished by pressing and holding the charger's power switch. I decided to give that a go today, and I had no success. I tried holding the switch when powering up (it wouldn't actually power up at when doing that), and holding the switch when already powered up, which didn't appear to do anything (and didn't even shut the charger off for that matter). The phone just kept disconnecting when testing just as always.

In the process of trying a few other random things, I decided to press the power switch twice while it was powered up, and interestingly the green LED turned to orange. Hmmm... So I powered the charger back off, and then back on again. The LED was green as usual, and then plopped my phone on the pad. The LED turned orange, the charge indicator on the phone lit up, and shockingly enough, it continued to charge without disconnecting. I removed the phone and placed it back numerous times, and it always starts charging and continues to do so, even when the phone isn't precisely lined up dead center. I let it go for 10-15 minutes a couple of time, and it never disconnected.

I'm not positive that there wasn't a combination of other things that I tried that ultimately culminated in a functional charger for me, but I believe what did the trick was (intentionally verbose :) ):
  1. turn the vehicle on (or enable accessory mode)
  2. insure the phone is removed from the charging pad
  3. if the charging pad is on (green LED lit), turn it off via it's power switch
  4. turn it back on via it's power switch (green LED lit)
  5. press the charger's power switch twice consecutively (you should see the LED turn orange)
  6. power the pad off via it's power switch
At this point, you should be able to turn it on (green LED), put your phone on it, and hopefully it'll work for you as it now does for me. Note, that there may well be multiple settings and thus if this procedure doesn't work the first time, perhaps try it again.
Thank you Slab -- your solution worked great for both myself and my brother in our RAV hybrid limiteds!

·
Registered
166 Posts
What phones are you using? I found my 2021 R4P charging pad works fine with iphone 11 and android phones but not with iPhone 12 or 13. I'm wondering if it might be the combination of a cheap Qi charging pad and the Mafgsafe on the newer iPhones.

·
Registered
2020 Limited AWD
885 Posts
The more I experiment with my Qi pad the more I suspect it's less the pad and more my Pixel 5.

This phone gets pretty toasty when I use Wireless AA, that coupled with the Wireless Charging makes the phone get downright hot.

I've also had my phone disable the flash and video camera when it gets too hot.

The support site for the Pixel 5 says the phone may throttle performance or disable certain features when the phone gets hot.

That's probably my issue. It doesn't look like the Pixel 6 is any better. Maybe down the road if Google implements a cooler running CPU in later phones my pad can get more use, because I do like setting it there on longer drives to stay topped off. Guess it will be useful for passengers until then.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Finally got my dealer to agree to change my wireless charging pad in my 2021 R4P XSE PP. I brought my R4P in for its 5k service on Feb 14. I asked them to check the charging pad while in for service. I was told "it works". Brought R4P back in on April 11 for the DCM software update TSB. I again asked to havd the pad checked. The tech brought me out to the car and showed me an iPhone 13 and then my iPhone 13 Pro charging on the charging pad. Drove away and within a block of the dealership the pad started not working with the orange light flashing. I was ready to give up. Brought the R4P back in today April 20 for the Traction control software recall. I asked them to check the charging pad again and lo and behold they said it is not working correctly and they are ordering the part to replace my malfunctioning charging pad. It is back ordered so I was told to expect about a two week wait. I'm hoping this will fix it! Kudos to Westbury Toyota.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finalmente logré que mi distribuidor aceptara cambiar mi plataforma de carga inalámbrica en mi 2021 R4P XSE PP. Traje mi R4P para su servicio de 5k el 14 de febrero. Les pedí que revisaran la plataforma de carga mientras estaba en servicio. Me dijeron "funciona". Regresó a R4P el 11 de abril para la actualización del software DCM TSB. Volví a pedir que revisaran la libreta. El técnico me llevó al automóvil y me mostró un iPhone 13 y luego mi iPhone 13 Pro cargándose en la plataforma de carga. Se alejó y dentro de una cuadra del concesionario, la almohadilla comenzó a no funcionar con la luz naranja parpadeando. Estaba listo para rendirme. Trajo el R4P hoy, 20 de abril, para el retiro del mercado del software de control de tracción. Les pedí que revisaran la plataforma de carga de nuevo y he aquí que dijeron que no funciona correctamente y que están ordenando la pieza para reemplazar mi plataforma de carga que funciona mal. Está pendiente de pedido, por lo que me dijeron que esperara una espera de dos semanas. ¡Espero que esto lo arregle! Felicitaciones a Westbury Toyota.
[/COTIZAR]
conseguiste solucionar el problema con el cambio de la bandeja?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts