Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to help my sister (60 years old) buy her first new car. She lives in Southern California and I live in Florida. I see her having a nervous breakdown if she goes to a dealership, so I offered to kind of do the whole thing for her over the internet and phone.
Does anyone have any advice or contacts for dealers in the LA and Ventura county areas?? SHe is looking for the basic model with little or no bells, horns, and whistles.
Thanks

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, I don't believe she is a member of Costco. I guess these things are pretty popular with the new model year, they sure are nice looking. Thanks for the reply

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She might be able to get one without the bells and whistles, but I'm afraid the horn comes standard on all trims. LoL :lol: I don't know of any dealers in that area since I'm in PA but you could just contact all local dealers and request a quote. Most dealerships allow you to do this online. Once you get a good quote then you can go back to the others to see if they'll beat it. That's the nice thing about the internet. These days you can buy a car without even having to step foot into a dealership until the very end to sign the papers and get the vehicle.

·
Registered
654 Posts
If Costco was offering a better deal, I'd say it'd be worth the $46 (or something) dollars/year membership fee. But as of last week, it's only $750 below MSRP.

You can use edmunds.com or Toyota's website to locate dealers in your sister's area. She's lucky she's got a lot of them in her area. Some larger ones that usually have quite a few of the Base in stock are Longo, Carson, Power (just off the top of my head). Go through the Fleet dept., which would be the case if you go through the Internet. The only one that I actually spoke with was Carson. Dianne Whitmire is the fleet director and Greg is a fleet manager that took me out for my first test drive. He was pleasant to deal with, not a pushy sales person. I didn't end up buying from them (went with a local dealer) but I would have (and drove 2 hrs up) if my local dealer hadn't offered the deal I got.

Good luck.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information...I just talked with a dealer in Simi Valley, and they offered a red or gold ( I assume he meant the Savannah color) for $21,300 plus the usual fees. It had the roof rack, side air bags, alloy wheels, and the 6 disc player. That seemed like a pretty good deal...I guess it would be around $23000 out the door. Doesn't seem like they are offering any "killer deals" on these as they are new and poplular. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
If you want a good deal, you should consider getting a 2005 model. They should be heavily discounted now that the 2006s are rolling into the dealers and are in high demand. Check the local dealers to see if they still have any in stock. I'm sure they will want to get rid of any remaining 2005s, and give you a good price too! :D

·
Registered
271 Posts
usafa83 said:
Thanks for the information...I just talked with a dealer in Simi Valley, and they offered a red or gold ( I assume he meant the Savannah color) for $21,300 plus the usual fees. It had the roof rack, side air bags, alloy wheels, and the 6 disc player. That seemed like a pretty good deal...I guess it would be around $23000 out the door. Doesn't seem like they are offering any "killer deals" on these as they are new and poplular. Thanks for your help
For $21,300 I'll buy it in a heart beat. Right now, I'm being offered $100 over invoice which is $21,500 with alarm and I don't even get alloy wheels and 6 disc player. Total out of door is about $23,000.

·
Registered
344 Posts
1) Try getting in touch with an internet fleet manager at one or more dealerships. You'll generally get a better deal and less hassle if you deal with them than if you have to deal with the regular salespeople.

2) Where in Southern California is your sister? There are several RAV4World members out here, though we seldom get together. We might be able to exchange emails or calls. There are a couple dealerships to avoid, but several that are worth checking out.

3) You might chat with joecarnut, a guy in Covina(?) who has posted on this forum and who doesn't yet have a RAV but has been looking at local dealerships. He might have some insight that would be helpful.

4) Let us know what your sister is looking for, specifically what model, year, features, etc. Derek has a good point--this time of year you can probably get quite a deal on last year's model, but it's harder to get a great buy on the brand new model.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Longo Toyota has a few Base models in stock. At least around 10 so getting a deal (500 over invoice) is doable.

I just got mine (Limited) from Buena Park Toyota and they treated me well. I went thru the internet dept. Ask for Maryanne.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi usafa83,

I haven't really been looking for the RAV4 yet as I'm waiting for summertime to buy it.
Just been looking for Camrys for some family members lately.

But the internet team @ Longo seem to be alright to deal with and will match quotes. But I haven't actually bought from them.
Also most dealers say they will match quotes but can always say they don't have a certain vehicle if you're wanting too low of a price.

I use the following website that has lists of SoCal dealers by county, then ask them for an OTD price on the specific car I want. I canvas several countys even if too far away. I guess thats called shopping for quotes.
http://www.at-la.com/@la-auto/

I wish I could be of more help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts