Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I wanted to ask for some opinions regarding my recent experience with my dealer. I've tried to scour the forums for anything that looked similar to my issue, so sorry if I've somehow overlooked something and made a duplicate post . I leased a 2019 RAV4 LE gas model in July of last year and noticed some jerkiness when coming off of a rolling stop. Car salesman told me it was "the car learning how you drive" and I was suspicious about it but ultimately decided getting the vehicle (starting to regret that decision). The TSB to fix this issue came out on August 15, 2019 and I went to have the car fixed earlier this year but was told that the update doesn't apply to my vehicle, which was to my shock. They reset the engine memory and it seemed to help but I still had jerkiness coming off of a rolling stop and sometimes when the car changed gears from 1st to 2nd. I got tired of this problem still being there so I took it back in about a month and a half ago with the TSB in hand so they could update it (thought they were pulling my leg). Was told AGAIN that the update didn't apply, my engine was up to date, and they had opened a case with regard to this problem. The moment I drove it off the lot and ever since, the car has been bucking/jerking even WORSE as the car shifts from 1st to 2nd with a back and forth rocking motion after the initial jerk. The transmission seems to be the problem and not the engine at this point. I'm pretty unhappy about the performance of the car and I'm taking it BACK in tomorrow morning for them to at least reset the engine (or reflash?) as it helped the issue, but didn't solve the problem. I don't see how the TSB fix doesn't apply to my car when it was picked up about 2 weeks before they released the TSB update.

TL;DR
My question is this: Am I getting jerked around (literally and figuratively) about the update not being applicable to my car?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Could be getting jerked around ?
But I don't know why a dealer would do that?
They make money doing the service.

One other thing to note.
Some late model year 2019 Rav4 did have the TSB built into the vehicle before leaving the plant . Your vehicle might be one that already had this ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sometimes you have to call corporate to get a solid answer!
That is honestly what it's starting to look like! Long story short, I wasted a lot of time taking it back in to be checked a few days ago and got the run around....again.

Have you tried a different dealership?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
just call any dealership and give them your vin number, they would be to tell you over the phone easily. Good Luck!
I called another dealership that's about 20 or so miles away and they did indeed tell me that there isn't a recall or service type update for my car.

Could be getting jerked around ?
But I don't know why a dealer would do that?
They make money doing the service.

One other thing to note.
Some late model year 2019 Rav4 did have the TSB built into the vehicle before leaving the plant . Your vehicle might be one that already had this ?
I do believe that my car falls under this catergory. It was ordered in May 2019 and I got the car at the end of July of the same year. I looked under the hood to see if there was a sticker saying that the alteration was made, but couldn't find anything matching that. I've just come to the conclusion that 8 speed automatics are very jerky and the fact that Toyota is giving me such a run around gives me reason to believe that they don't want to acknowledge anything "wrong" with the car to avoid it falling under the Lemon Law. Really sucks, but this is my first car so I've learned to be more considerate about the car purchasing process.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts