Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has any window rattles/ticks, PLEASE bring it in to a Toyota Dealership so that it is documented, otherwise Toyota will not come up with a TSB for this problem.

I have checked several 2006 Rav4 (4 Wheel Drive) vehicles. Most of these were either V6 Sport/Limited & couple of I4's.
Everyone has had a window rattle. Some were more severe than others, but they all had some window rattles/ticks.

Toyota needs to come up with a fix as dealers cannot resolve this problem.

The windows definitely have too much play compared to other vehicles that I have checked including a 2004 Rav4 which was very tight.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Are you referring to a window rattle when the door is closed, or during driving?

My has a little rattle when opened and the door is closed, and my 1999 Camry did the same thing.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BarnyFife said:
Are you referring to a window rattle when the door is closed, or during driving?

My has a little rattle when opened and the door is closed, and my 1999 Camry did the same thing.
During driving, with the window open slightly.

Are you getting the same thing?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toyota never corrected the infamous rattle on the 4.2. They tried on my 2003 RAV 4 L but it returned every winter. Traded my RAV 4 in and now drive a 2006 Corolla S. The RAV 4 was overall a great vehicle but I love the gas mileage on the Corolla S!

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
beg to differ. Ours does not rattle one bit

anselmo1 said:
Toyota never corrected the infamous rattle on the 4.2. They tried on my 2003 RAV 4 L but it returned every winter. Traded my RAV 4 in and now drive a 2006 Corolla S. The RAV 4 was overall a great vehicle but I love the gas mileage on the Corolla S!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Rav is back at the service department to have the drivers window run replaced, along with the struts and wheel bearings.

I don't think that this is a new production window run as I asked the shop foreman & he said it is the same one.

The service department manager indicated to me last week that these issues are minor (window rattle & strut issue, paint discolouration).

He said these things will get worked out but may take a few months.

I am having my doubts about buying this 1st year vehicle.
It seems I have spent endless amounts of time dealing with problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts