Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Rav 4 Hybrid XSE
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
About to get my Rav 4 Hybrid in either this week or next week and have a question about tsb updates.
I heard that some have had battery drain issues and there was a fix so my question is does the factory apply the latest update (at the time) when manufacturing the car? And do the updates take into account previous "patches"?

I asked the salesman for them to check for the latest updates when the car comes in but I want to make sure I do not get a battery drain issue and there is no way of me knowing what updates are applied (if any)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2020 Limited AWD - Blizzard Pearl/Black
422 Posts
Hi all,
About to get my Rav 4 Hybrid in either this week or next week and have a question about tsb updates.
I heard that some have had battery drain issues and there was a fix so my question is does the factory apply the latest update (at the time) when manufacturing the car? And do the updates take into account previous "patches"?

I asked the salesman for them to check for the latest updates when the car comes in but I want to make sure I do not get a battery drain issue and there is no way of me knowing what updates are applied (if any)

Thanks in advance

If you are talking about the DCM firmware you should be A-OK unless you are buying a used Rav4. Mine was built 02/20 and had the new software from the factory when I bought it. Last September Toyota updated the TSB again with a new version so I had the dealership apply the new firmware update at my first 5k service. If your RAV4 was built after Sept 2020 you should be fine.

When the dealership did mine I had a newer version number than the TSB had listed when I checked the version numbers after I got home. I haven’t had any more dead battery issues and my remote connect App has been rock solid.

·
Registered
2021 Rav 4 Hybrid XSE
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep the firmware. It is a 2021 Rav 4 XSE Hybrid and the order was placed beginning of April. It came in yesterday so am picking it up tomorrow. Thank you for all of that info, now i can sleep good knowing this, lol
Down the road I hope to get a scan tool of sorts so i can see firmware version and trouble codes,etc.. for myself

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts