Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First time poster long time lurker here.

At first I want to thank you all for this awesome library of useful info that you have created over the years. This is by far the greatest resource for anything Rav related :)

I recently bought a 04 D-4D 3dr and I was lucky enough to pick up a used TTE performance kit for my little Rav. After installing the chip under the glove box the car started without any problems. But the VSC/TRC light are solid in the dash. Removing the chip makes the lights go away again. I tried cleaning the connectors with contact cleaner without any luck.

See next post for picture of the kit and connectors.

I didnt use the little 2pin connector. Found a vague reference online that this connector is not in use.

I asked the seller if he had any similar issues, but he said it was working fine when he removed the chip.

Any tips and tricks are warmly welcome =)

-E

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Added a picture of the kit

Some clarification:
Only VSC/TRC light is present when the chip is installed. (No CEL, no codes)
Light goes away once the chip is removed.
I have not confirmed that the car has more power with the chip installed (had a minor test drive)

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been googling like a crazy person for the last few days. Managed to find some hints on mysnip.de through google translate that these chips may have been updated along with the 03 facelift. Can anyone confirm that Toyota introduced VSC and TRAC for the RAV4 along with the facelift in 2003?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,613 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Added a picture of the kit

Some clarification:
Only VSC/TRC light is present when the chip is installed. (No CEL, no codes)
Light goes away once the chip is removed.
I have not confirmed that the car has more power with the chip installed (had a minor test drive)
Hello.

Could you find what the problem was?
I actually have the same problem.
However i have a Previa ( Estima ) TTE chip as well, and with the cabels of that works the box well. With the cables of the RAV4 chip works the Previa box also with TRC/VSC lights on.
Thanks.

Best regards: Joe

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
I'd say take JuneBug's advice especially since Isamun hasn't been on our forums in two years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts