Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
If I had a diesel (I *wish* I did), I'd be all on it... My Dad has a similar module in his Dodge 2500 Diesel and it's astounding...

Wayne

·
Registered
31 Posts
and the Touareg from VW factory team in the Paris-Dakar is using a 5syl 2,3l diesel....

and the most impressive diesel I have tried is the Peugot / Citroen 1,6 HDI 110hp and 250NM
this is an engine with a considerable punch at low rpm, and even more punch on high rpm!! all the way to 4500rpm

N

M

·
0 Posts
Diesel rulzzzz !!

You can buy a performance chip for all diesels that have turbo , and you get 30 hp for so litle money !
:shock: :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
OK thanks.

I think I might wait a while as I just got an insurance quote.

It will increase mine from £408 to £542 per year with an increase in excess from £100 to £350.

Quite a lot for only a 26hp gain.

Al.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Alsone said:
OK thanks.

I think I might wait a while as I just got an insurance quote.

It will increase mine from £408 to £542 per year with an increase in excess from £100 to £350.

Quite a lot for only a 26hp gain.

Al.
Hello again Al,

what about a supercharger or turbo? $1300 and up. Also jet performance has a ecu upgrade for $299 (16 hp upgrade), if you look around. $399 at there website. You have to send in your ecu though. It is about a three day turn around from the time you send it in. Also, I would not tell my insurance co. anything; as far as they know my rav4 is stock. They get enough money from me as it is. Please also let me know if you do find a module that is reasonably priced like the venom (they do not make one for 4.2). So far I have had no luck other that jet and the Italian module in which they want way too much money for. I have been told that if there is a high request, venom will consider making one. So everyone email venom. It would also be nice if there was a computer interface and program to re-map the ecu yourself.

Justin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts