Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know if the exhaust pipes running either side should have straps supporting them?

·
Registered
59 Posts
rear exhaust supports

if this is the tte twin piped rear box there should be 1 or 2 hanging points either side of the box itself ,not on the pipes themselves,i had 1 of these on my last rav (2001) cost a small fortune

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi there are 2 hanging points on both sides of the exhaust box on the TTE exhaust. As a matter of interest the exhaust can be adapted to fit a Rav4.1 by a good exhaust firm.
Clare

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Clare
I`m not talking about the exhaust box but the 2 pipes that come out of it either side. There is a double wired type of jubile clip clamping the pipe as it comes out of the box & then nothing is holding the pipes to the underside of the car. It seems a lot to ask for 1 fixing point a side? You only have to grab hold of a pipe & you can move it up & down, that can`t be right.

·
Registered
302 Posts
can you post some pics so at least we have the same idea or thought on what we are talking about.... :lol:

does anyone know if this mod will give some gains in hp?

·
Registered
147 Posts
XT4 Tinted said:
Hi Clare
I`m not talking about the exhaust box but the 2 pipes that come out of it either side. There is a double wired type of jubile clip clamping the pipe as it comes out of the box & then nothing is holding the pipes to the underside of the car. It seems a lot to ask for 1 fixing point a side? You only have to grab hold of a pipe & you can move it up & down, that can`t be right.
I've got dual pipes and you can move them around a bit with your hands, you should be able to...... if they're too ridgid bumps and vibrations can cause stress that will eventualy bust your pipes or their mounting points.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I,ve had a TTE exhaust on my Rav4.1 for about 3 months and must admit touch wood I,ve had no problems with it. The actual exhaust I have on my Rav is for a 4.2 and I had it modified to fit a 4.1. The twin pipes are held on by a large jubilee clip and so far are OK, there is a bit of movement but nothing to cause concern. I fitted a K/N CAi and the two combined have given the Rav a distictive exhaust sound and a lot better performance.
Clare

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I`ve just added 3 pics to my Album to try & show the pipes. It`s been snowing hear so when it clears I will get some beter pics.

·
Registered
302 Posts
XT....excellent.....looks great....how much did u purchase ur TTE exhaust?....are there any gains in HP?...how about the sound?...is it loud or mellow?......the size of the pipes look stock, correct me if i am wrong.... :wink:

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The exhaust (Back box & Pipes) fitted by Mr T cost £505-00 (£90-00 of that was for fitting & VAT)
I do not know if there are any HP gains but the car does seem to pull better, as for the sound it`s got louder since I had them fitted last week. It is like a growling noise but not obtrusive. You can just make out the sound from inside the car but I have sound deadened all the 5 doors & have the floor to do when the weather improves.
The pipes are slightly oval measuring 95 x 80mm outside dimensions. The standard pipe is 65mm outside dim.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi, Pyxy-567, you can get a TTE exhaust either from EBay (like I did) or you can get one from TTE in Germany. Their website is TTE-by TOYOTA MOTORSPORT GMbH a word of caution though they are not cheap plus you will have to pay carriage to USA (not cheap). If yours is a 5 door Rav you are probably looking at 700euros brand new. EBay is your best bet but make sure it is for a 5 door model
Hopes this helps
Clare

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi Clare,

is it possible that u can post some pics of your exhaust?....i am still debating whether i will get one or not, the TTE i mean.....still researching if this is worth installing compared to other exhaust systems....since they don't make any aftermarket exhaust for 4.2's it is really a hit & miss.....the TTE is the only sure fit for the 4.2 but as u said they are a bit pricey!!! i have no clue whether they give any gains in hp, either...but as XT said, there is a bit of a kick in it...

thanks for the advice by the way!!! :wink:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi at last I have managed to get some photos of my exhaust (see my Album). They are not the worlds but they give you an idea of what it looks like. Also take a look at the rims they are TTE 17,s and I bought them off EBay for a good price.
Also Derek If you take a look this is the "baby" I,ll take some photos of the CAi and post them on my album as well.
Clare

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Clare I do like your Wheels.
Your exhaust seems to be the same as mine but`s it`s hard to tell by the pics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts