Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,134 Posts
I've never heard of those terms or numbers. What are they referring to?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I'm in the dark about those references as well . . .:confused:

·
Super Moderator
10,134 Posts
I didn't see Compression mentioned. For trim calculations simple use the four steps under "Selecting Your Turbocharger."

IMHO, The cost/HP gained ratio of this project is going to approach infinity.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
It's all explained here

A lot of excellent basic information. When you guys finish reading it, let me know the answer to the first question regarding Compression, Trim and what not. :nerd
Good explanation. One surprise is something which never would have occurred to me - that some turbo shafts run on plain metal bearings rather than on ball bearings, especially if turning at the noted 100,000 RPM. Must be possible with proper lubrication and perhaps cooling.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't see Compression mentioned. For trim calculations simple use the four steps under "Selecting Your Turbocharger."

IMHO, The cost/HP gained ratio of this project is going to approach infinity.
OK Dr. Dyno, you got homework here. I got some other good information but the stupid internet from the results of Hurricane Maria the service is lousy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It all depends on where you want the power coming in?

Quick spool but with some sacrifice on top end power...
Midrange spool with a constant pull to redline...

Kirk

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Midrange is the way to go in my case as one of my students said. I've already removed weight with the Carbon fiber hood and Fiber glass bumper. Also, I've removed the two back seats. Why? A light car will help, but the front tires might slip a little. Too much low range power will incriminate tire slipping. :wink

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
It all depends on where you want the power coming in?

Quick spool but with some sacrifice on top end power...
Midrange spool with a constant pull to redline...

Kirk
Run a supercharger over a turbo (or two) so when the blower wheezes out, the turbos drive into the super, increasing power at the crank and through the super's belt.

Like this.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Is it a T25 or T28 housing?

Kirk

·
Registered
92 Posts
T25 with the .42/.48 specs will give some great low end and mid range power, but may tail off around 5k-5.5k

Kirk

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
T25 with the .42/.48 specs will give some great low end and mid range power, but may tail off around 5k-5.5k

Kirk
Exactly, That is why I have the 42/48 but I'm moving on to the larger one that will have good low but have better power after 5k. At least to the red line of 6200. That is why taking off some weight (me included) will help a mild low end. If I can just get Carbon fiber Fenders. >:D:laugh:surprise:wink:nerd:nerd

·
Registered
92 Posts
A T28 from an SR20DET will work great.

The other specs you posted earlier, is that also T25?

Those specs are almost diesel turbo specs, may be a bit laggy.

The old school T3 super 60 would be awesome, as well as the T3 50 trim.

Kirk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts