Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ZPIracing Product Info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRD Supercharger
[ZPI-1025] $3,250.00

Click to enlarge
The TRD supercharger is a great addition to the Scion tC for the conservative customer looking for a safe easy bolt on. ZPI will be offering upgrade parts for these as time progresses.

This is a bolt on affair for about 190whp.

ZPIracing Stage 0 Supercharger Pulley
[ZPI-1065] $129.00 $99.99
Free Ground Shipping! (USA only)

Click to enlarge
This upgraded pulley will allow you to run higher boost on your TRD supercharger kit.

Install is simple, requiring only simple hand tools, taking only minutes.

Dyno testing has shown a 21whp gain with this pulley.

ZPIracing Scion tC turbo kits:

Stage 0

• 230whp
• 6 psi
• EVO III Big 16g
• Tial Wastegate (color of your choice)
• Tial BOV (color of your choice)
• Stainless charge piping
• 4 ply couplers
• Stainless Manifold
• Pre tapped Oil pan
• All fuel and timing tuning already complete
• Comes with new oil pan making it a true bolt on kit
• Satin or Black Chrome piping
• MSRP: 3000.00

The stage O kit is the perfect kit for the guy/gal looking for more power without affecting the reliability of there new Scion tC. This is the most popular kit we offer; with very impressive pricing and all the guess work removed this can be installed by yourself over a weekend in your garage. With the kit being engineered to be installed by the end user it allows you to save money on install rates and apply that to more parts to make your Scion more enjoyable.

Stage 1

• 300whp
• 9-10 psi
• EVO III Big 16g
• Tial Wastegate
• Tial BOV
• Stainless Intercooler piping
• Precision Turbo intercooler with cast end tanks
• Fuel Pump
• Pre tapped oil pan
• Pre tuned Emanage
• RC injectors 550cc
• Stainless Manifold
• 4 ply couplers
• MSRP: 4990.00

The ZPIracing Stage 1 kit is truly for the enthusiast at heart. We are proud to offer such an extensive kit. This is the same bolt on kit the we have went [email protected] with. This is what your scion has needed all along. This kit will prove to be very reliable on the stock block and clutch. We have found that in due time the clutch will need to be upgraded. This again is a true bolt on affair and you will be impressed with the kits completeness. There is a $300.00 jumper harness upgrade that can be added to eliminate splicing of the factory harness.

NOTE: The factory bumper has to be trimmed to clear the intercooler piping. The factory black mesh can remain but the side air ducts have to be trimmed.

ZPIracing Head package

Stage 1 head:

• Full port and polish
• Valve job
• Port matched intake and exhaust
• Core exchange so your car is not down long
• 100% tech support
• 21whp 28ftlbs
• MSRP: $550.00 $700.00 Core charge

The ZPIracing Stage 1 head package is a great way to pick up some power while not affecting drivability. This is a great wake up call for the tC allowing it to rev and accelerate faster. Also offered with ARP head studs this is a great addition to our turbo kit for you guys looking for more power. (ARP head studs are an available option)

This upgrade is typically not visible to a dealer.

Stage 2 Head:

• REV Valves
• REV Springs
• REV Retainers
• Full stage 1 package
• MSRP: TBD

The Stage 2 head is not released yet but is looking to be very exciting to say the least. We are always looking at ways to expand our product line and this is it. With larger valves this head should considerably out flow the stage 1 package. We have yet to do dyno tuning with this package as it is still in development.

ZPIracing Exhaust Components:

ZPIracing S-pipes:

• T-304 Stainless Steel Construction
• Tig Welded to ensure accuracy and durability
• Stainless 02 bung
• 2.5” pipe diameter
• Thin walled stainless offers a great weight savings over stock.
• MSRP: 250.00

The ZPIracing S-pipe is the best in the business. We have developed this to be the most flow efficient design without the worries of oil overheating as common with our competitors. This S-pipe 2/5” design will flow enough for 400whp on a turbo tC and will provide enough backpressure for N/A applications. These sell out fast get your today.

Note: The S-pipe is having fitment issues when used in conjunction with the Creative Compact Cat back. We are unsure as to why this is. We are currently looking into this and will keep you posted.

ZPIracing Full Exhaust system:

• T-304 Stainless Steel Construction
• 100% bolt on
• Lightest Cat back on the market
• Stainless Bolts
• Stainless Muffler
• Stainless 4” rolled tip
• Great sound suppression for aftermarket header equipped cars
• MSRP: 695.00

The ZPIracing full cat back system is truly the best flowing system on the market. With thin walled stainless this system provides a great weight advantage over the stock system. With the dynomax muffler the sound suppression is great yet offering a subtle roar under WOT. This is not the loudest system on the market but it truly is a one you can live with. With a JDM flair muffler and a straight tip design some say you get the best of both worlds in appearance. We say its stainless construction and quality speak for itself. This system yet not dyno tuned by us on a NA car our customers have confirmed this system makes power.

ZPI O2 simulator:

• Easy wire installation
• LED light to ensure wired correctly
• 100% accuracy
• MSRP: $95.00

Tired of a CEL with your aftermarket header? We have a solution the ZPIracing O2 smart simulator. While you can use a anti-fouler to eliminate the CEL all you are doing is tricking the ECU. With the smart SIM you are correcting the signal those allowing proper A/F to be used returning the gas mileage that you have cam e to love in you tC. This will also help you make the most power out of your freshly installed modifications.

Check them out:

www.thescionstore.com
www.zeropointindustries.net

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the stage 0 dyno video and street video are down currently...

but the stage 1's are working, so that's better news :D

stage 1 street: smoked Z28 camero and MODDED Z350, in car video ride including 0-100 mph run! 0-60 in less than 5 sec, 0-100 mph in less than 100. quite a video :twisted:

www.thescionstore.com/video/zpi.wmv

stage 1 track: ran 12.12 and always run's 12.1-2's :shock:

http://www.thescionstore.com/video/ZPI2.wmv

EDIT: these tC's have tons of wheel spin, so a Rav4 with 4WD should have alot better traction, thus faster :D

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stage 0 has full boost by 2300 rpms. stage 1 is 2500 rpms.

full boost to redline is FLAT TORQUE CURVE. i'll try to post dynos.

ZPI is also working on modding the tC supercharger for more power, so that's also a potential option...

anybody thinking about turbocharging or anything? post your thoughts...

i gotta know whether people are interested before we completely tell ZPI we have Rav4's wanting turbo kits... :D

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how's come this has been viewed 60+ times, and nobody's posted any comments? :? comments are welcome :wink:

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Adrenaline05Rav4L4WD said:
how's come this has been viewed 60+ times, and nobody's posted any comments? :? comments are welcome :wink:
Well, maybe it is just me, but I bought my RAV to have practical and reliable driver that gets decent fuel mileage. Don't get me wrong, I am a HP junky. But adding all this expensive hardware will tank reliabilty and fuel mileage. If I want a go fast car, I'd rather start with a vehicle better designed for it from the start and not a mini ute with a 2.4L engine.

·
Registered
875 Posts
okay, here are my comments after visiting this thread twice.

1) what are the advantages of a turbo over a supercharger?
2) turbo kit's looking pretty pricy. Most of us who have been looking into a kit of some sort may not be ready to buy. I would hold off on this until I make some big accomplishment to reward myself. I can't just purchase it out of nowhere. Id' just feel too guilty spending the bucks.
3) wondering how this kit would effect gas mileage.
4) Is it legal?
5) Will i need 91 octane after installing this baby?
6) will installation cost another 1,000 buckaroos?
7) I saw the video clips of the tc, and that's one quick tc!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
That's probably because i don't really know what to say about this. I'm into cars but i still don't understand a lot of the mechanical things that goes on the RAVs or any car :oops: :roll: .

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was wondering since i viewed this site before as a guest -people were wanting more power - supercharger or turbocharger instead of small gains with intake/exhaust.

i wasn't expecting everyone to know about these systems or want them...so no biggie :wink:

·
Registered
875 Posts
oh don't get me wrong, i DEFINITELY want a supercharger...but now's just not the time for me financially. maybe when i finally get my architecture license i'll reward myself with something big.

·
Registered
48 Posts
zoomie said:
okay, here are my comments after visiting this thread twice.

1) what are the advantages of a turbo over a supercharger?
3) wondering how this kit would effect gas mileage.
4) Is it legal?
5) Will i need 91 octane after installing this baby?
6) will installation cost another 1,000 buckaroos?
1)Turbos and superchargers provide the same function (forced induction) via different means. Superchargers are driven off of the motor (pulley and belts), where as a turbo's turbine is spun by the spent exhaust, which spins the compressor therefore making boost. The difference is, the supercharger is there right away off of the line, where as the turbo needs to "spool" up. Generally superchargers will fall off slightly at higher rpms where a turbo will shine, but turbo cars aren't always fast off of the line until the turbo kicks in.
3)Gas mileage will be effected somewhat, but like anything it depends on your driving style. Heavier foot > Gas mileage
4)Legal how? Is your goal to get it passed emissions? It can be done, but is easier to accomplish if emissions regulations are ignored.
5)You'll definetely need at least 91, probably 93 octane to get the most performace. That goes for either a turbo or supercharger. You need better gas to ward off the ping
6)Learn how to install it yourself!! Saves $$$

·
Registered
48 Posts
The problem I would be concerned with, with either a turbo setup or supercharger would be torque converter and automatic transmission failure.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I would tend to agree. Unless one is really careful, I would think the drivetrains on these mini-utes is not engineered to handle the high TQ figures of forced induction. Tranny, not to mention the engine, life would be greatly reduced.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Haven't any of you heard of the Turbonator?

:lol:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
something like a leaf blower on ebay? :roll:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RAV4Don said:
adamdirt said:
The problem I would be concerned with, with either a turbo setup or supercharger would be torque converter and automatic transmission failure.
I would tend to agree. Unless one is really careful, I would think the drivetrains on these mini-utes is not engineered to handle the high TQ figures of forced induction. Tranny, not to mention the engine, life would be greatly reduced.

the supercharger by TRD is WARRANTED...it's very conservative. the torque comes on slowly...vs turbo is kick in the pants torque spike. if a tC (FWD) can handle the tq, a RAV4 sure could given it's an SUV that can tow - it should have no stress on the drivetrain...

but, i'd still do some minor upgrades

let me try to post a dyno graph or link...

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
http://zoltiz.com/cars/tc/sc/

the gains don't really show until 2500 rpms. then the torque curve is flat till redline. also notice, hp is still climbing. :D

turbo has full boost by the same rpm, but you have alot more tq/power across the entire rev band. 230's for stage 0.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the TRD supercharger is a vortech F-trim model...

VORTECH V-5 F-TRIM
A compact supercharger ideal for sport compact applications

Fits engines up to 475 horsepower
Maximum airflow: 700 CFM
Maximum boost pressure: 20 PSI
Absolute maximum impeller speed: 60,000 RPM
Adiabatic efficiency: 72%
Part numbers below do not include drive pulley
8.93" Wide, 9.72" Tall (not including bracket), 5.82" Deep (not including input shaft)

it's 7 psi with the kit...but now you see why ZPI's making pullies, intercooler, emanage/tuning...basically you could see nice gains similar to turbos 8)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
anybody else interested if ZPI alters their turbocharger and TRD supercharger kits for our Rav4's? 04+ would be best, but older models could with some custom tuning and so forth...

·
Registered
214 Posts
http://zoltiz.com/cars/tc/sc/

the gains don't really show until 2500 rpms. then the torque curve is flat till redline. also notice, hp is still climbing. :D

turbo has full boost by the same rpm, but you have alot more tq/power across the entire rev band. 230's for stage 0.
Hmmm. I'm still very interested, but if I'm reading that chart correctly, you wouldn't really even be able to tell a difference in ordinary driving.

I say this, because I normally don't tootle around town at 5,000 RPM. I suppose it would help greatly off-the-line and/or in racing situations (perhaps with passing)....

Wayne

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
AdrenalinePumped said:
I have an 2005 Toyota Rav4 L 4WD and I'm registered on (http://rav4world.com/). Companies haven't made turbo kits, superchargers, or anything...for us. I know a few who would be interested in engine performance upgrades. I'm thinking with a little altering of your current kits like piping, intercooler, and so forth, it could work. You guys have done all the heavy work matching turbo, tuning, etc. Imagine a 4WD Rav4 with your kits!

The camry and highlander also have the 2AZFE, but I don't think there's a demand like the Rav4'ers for engine performance parts. If you could maybe think about it or join the site to talk to others... Thanks again.

You guys are #1 in the Scion community, and it'd rock if you did other 2AZFE's...perhaps becoming the #1 Scion/Toyota tuner.
ZPIRacing's reply:

we have sold some kits for the camry and as far as we can tell the stage 0 kit will work on this application.

If you would be willing to bring your Rav4 to us then we could test fit it and make the neccessary changes. We would offer this to you at a very discounted rate acourse.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 51 Posts