Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I'm new here to the forum and Rav4 world, as I just purchased one over the weekend.

I am very mod heavy car enthusiast and have the mod bug already :-/...
- Installing HID's and LED's around the entire vehicle this weekend, no more traditional or halogen bulbs for me!

I was wondering if anyone know of any supercharger or turbo kit ready to purchase for the 2015 Rav4? I don't even have 100 miles on this vehicle yet, so I might wait until 500 or so, but wanted to get working on this ahead of time if possible.

I am kinda disappointed with the power output of this vehicle and was looking for ideas on increasing this to around 300hp or so.

*Does anyone know of any issues off hand that I might experience with the transmission, diffs or axels, if I go to that point? Or what would be a safe power level for these vehicles without doing major modifications to the driveline? The 180hp or so just isn't cutting it : (

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Welcome to the forum,

if you were looking for something fast, or with anything close to 300hp, you bought to wrong car...

even a 4.3 Rav with V6 would be hard to get over 300hp.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Don't worry about your drive train, you can always replace that stuff. ;-) What happens to the warranty when you strap on a turbo kit.

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
There are no ready made kits. It would have to be completely fabricated and tinkered with endlessly. Many of the computers would have to be torn out and reprogrammed as well. It would be a $10,000 experiment that would completely void your new car warranty. In short...you're dreaming.

Reactions: Dr. Dyno

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree with it being the wrong car if you are looking for performance. I'm the same way as you, I can't leave anything alone. This is my first 4 cylinder, and for what it is, it ain't bad, but it's a grocery getter. I have a big block Chevelle and a few Camaros to choose from if I get the urge to move fast, but for commuting and daily use, it's hard to beat the RAV4 as it is. That kind of power would leave the drivetrain laying in the street behind you as you coast towards the shoulder in one of these things.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Oh, go all the way - a turbo into a supercharger like this one:

BTW, Lotus used a basically stock Toyota V6 engine with a modified ECM and got ~300 HP.

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
Problem solved........go for it and report back.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Oh, go all the way - a turbo into a supercharger like this one:

BTW, Lotus used a basically stock Toyota V6 engine with a modified ECM and got ~300 HP.

Now if only that would slot into the available underhood space in my RAV . . ..:wink

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
Problem solved........go for it and report back.
The PERFECT answer, except your $10K was a little low! Maybe $30K to get it ready to start breaking itself.

No disrespect to the OP who we welcome because I'm into some mods too, but don't you just love guys who have no clue that they have no clue? :rolleyes: Seems we see this power doubling dream about every six months. :shrug: "A man's gotta know his limitations."

·
Registered
23 Posts
I realize I'm resurrecting a dead thread, but I just wanted to let the OP know that just about everyone who replied to this thread is dead wrong.

The current generation Rav4 uses the same engine as the 2011-2016 Scion tC. There is a selection of aftermarket turbo kits for this engine. And yes, it will put down 300whp without a lot of fuss..... And it won't cost you $10k and it certainly wont cost you $30k. Good lord people.

I really liked the one guy who thought it was funny when "people don't know what they don't know", Touche'.

Carry on.

Edit: Here's a pretty basic bolt on kit that will produce 284whp on a 2AR-FE. I don't know anything about this particular kit, it was just the first thing that popped up on google.

http://www.dezod.com/dezod-motorsports/dezod-motorsports-turbo-systems/dzttc2aa/i-2162600.aspx

·
Registered
551 Posts
I realize I'm resurrecting a dead thread, but I just wanted to let the OP know that just about everyone who replied to this thread is dead wrong.

The current generation Rav4 uses the same engine as the 2011-2016 Scion tC. There is a selection of aftermarket turbo kits for this engine. And yes, it will put down 300whp without a lot of fuss..... And it won't cost you $10k and it certainly wont cost you $30k. Good lord people.

I really liked the one guy who thought it was funny when "people don't know what they don't know", Touche'.

Carry on.

Edit: Here's a pretty basic bolt on kit that will produce 284whp on a 2AR-FE. I don't know anything about this particular kit, it was just the first thing that popped up on google.

scion tc turbo
Will that bolt on only work with the 2ar-fe?
What about other 2ar models with similar specs?

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
I wonder how many more times this will come up over the next year or so? It's Déjà vu all over again.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
It's Déjà vu all over again.
Interesting statement. Lol.
Funny too that there are people in here with hybrids asking about a turbo. Strange enough. But one also complained that his hybrid isn't as fuel efficient as he would like. But wants to add a turbo. Perplexing indeed.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Interesting statement. Lol.
Funny too that there are people in here with hybrids asking about a turbo. Strange enough. But one also complained that his hybrid isn't as fuel efficient as he would like. But wants to add a turbo. Perplexing indeed.
I want to install go-fast-side-markers on my rav4 hybrid.
Does TRD make any of those?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts