is it good for daily driving ? and around hp will it gain
btw the engine is 3sfe
is there a bolt on for this ?

sorry for having too many questions , thanks alot

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey there. This topic has been on this forum for so many years and hardly anyone has done a 3S-FE turbo conversion. A lot of talk, but not work.

There are a few that does turbo for the RAV4, but for the 4.1 Models, they're out because it's been more than 10 years since our beloved RAV has been on the market.

On the forum, Andrew did a 3S-GTE transplant. And I think some guy did a turbo in the 4.2 model. I had mine done with a heavily modified 3S-GE. A lot of guys and girls here does quite a bit of mods, but nothing serious.

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
I had a turbo on my 3SFE for about a month, took it to the dyno for tuning and they burnt the stock clutch... :shock:

I took it out because it was winter time and was my only vehicle at the time.... I may do it again this coming spring, but the biggest money is in fuel management... If you don't have another vehicle or alot of money to replace parts if it comes down to it, I wouldn't recommend it.... otherwise if you have the experience, resources and funds then it's worthwhile...

Just my .02 cents...

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did not say I put a turbo in mine. I said a 3S-GE which is a N/A engine. Not a 3S-GTE. Can't be bother changing the high compression of 11.5:1.0 to a turbo. Cost too much for the internals.

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
mensajero said:
Just change the pistons and use a thicker gasket.
That would then defeat the purpose of his putting in the 3SGE... :roll:

A big part of the reason his n/a 3SGE is making the power is due to the higher compression.... 8)

Also you would need a pretty thick headgasket... most people use a headgasket to drop 1 point in compression....

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
Not sure if it's been posted before, but this guy Xavier also rebuilt and slipped a 3S-GTE into his 2-door RAV -- he calls it a "RAV4 GT Four". 8) Been around for almost a year now. Very niiice...

I know Zoomie's seen it, because he made some postings on the guys guest book. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
That's a right hand drive model...

I would love to do the 3sgte swap, but unfortunately they have emissions checks here and all they do is plug into the OBDII socket and get the readings... that wouldn't be possible with the 3sgte... :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts