Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turbo lags just over 2k revs, when monitoring on the diagnostics chip, the boost drops and then builds itself back up. Fault code reckons it's the turbo. Had the engine management light appear as well as what I assume is the traction light and the car enters limp mode?
Turn the engine off and on and that seems to resolve it.
Car is giving a fair bit of white smoke too when you put your foot down too.
Is there a particular part to try first? Or just replace the turbo?

TIA!

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
This forum is primarily North America-based and there are no turbo RAV4s sold here, so most of us have no experience with them. We do have some members in the UK and they may be able to help. But you might have more assistance from a UK - based RAV4 forum, such as: RAV4 Drivers Club ...

·
Super Moderator
11,099 Posts
It's likely a turbo diesel. We have no RAV4 diesels in North America either. Hopefully someone from your side of the pond can assist.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Mine is a 55 plate.
But wow! I couldn't imagine no turbo! I will check out the other forum
Hopefully you will find the answer you are looking for! Now for the 64,000 Pounds question - which year actually is a 55 plate RAV? Or were you lucky enough to get ahold of a number plate with that on it because it has some special meaning?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
The "55 plate" indicates that the vehicle was registered between September 2005 and March 2006. If it was an 05 plate, it would have been registered between March 2005 and September 2005. The number plate (license plate) would read for example, AA 55 AAA, first two letters are area identifier, last three letters are random. So, it has to do with when the car was first registered and put into service, not model year, or year of manufacture.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Thanks, JuneBug. Yeah, the reg. year designation has been changed from being letter based as it was in the past to being number based. I had to go to the DVLC and AA sites.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts