Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't even know where to begin but, how would i put turbo in the 2004 rav4 and where can i buy the parts?

·
Registered
771 Posts
I've been looking too and I think the stock engine has too high of compression for a turbo as it sits right now.

May want to start over with another engine (rebuild one) and modify it for a turbo.

My friend is working on a project similar to that right now. I'll let you know how it works out.

Installing a turbo on an '04 will void your warranty anyway. M.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a friend that will do the setup and install for a little over 3g's USD. In San Jose. The most important part is the turbo manifold, and all the piping. (he custome makes those) everything else can be bought...i.e the turbo , intercooler, fuel management....

if interest, pm me and i'll see if he's still available.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Guys, I'm almost there. I'd made a ton of mods to my RAV4 this summer. But I've found that these engine [3SFE] responde well to mods in their power range. I just need the E-manage computer, and some simple parts. This summer i've taken care of the MSD 6A [Highly recommend], Pivot Gound kit with RAIZIN, a good exhaust. [Little note regarding exhaust] Check a post I put on rav4oz.com regarding Secrets of Speed. Their are some number you might need regarding Back-Pressure. If you are going turbo. Go the right way, all the way.:wink:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two Garrett Turbos (T28 and T3) were mixed together to produce 282 bhp. 0-60mph in 5.2 seconds. goes 1/4 mile in the same time as WRX STi..To stop so much power Skyline brakes were installed behind 19" wheels

So, RAV4 can be fast too :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts