Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a wisconsinite I am pretty sure I am aware that in December it is cold out. I don't need it to remind and beep at me every. single. time. I get in the car.

Any way to turn this off? I looked through the settings and did some googleing with no luck.

2016 Hybrid XLE

·
Registered
67 Posts
There is only one way and that is to turn off your traction control and vehicle stability control. Or you could push the eco button so the electric motors don't provide full torque when you accelerate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
I took a second look at your post. If there is a way, it would be in the multi information display settings area. I'll check mine and if there is a way, I'll let you know.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
On the 4.3, the only ice warning you get is when the temperature display flashes a few times at 32F/0C. I think I noticed it once.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It waits like 10 seconds then takes up the entire screen in the gauge cluster and beeps at me. Pisses me off as I think it is a check engine light or something is wrong. So dumb. Its wisconsin...I get it..its cold.

·
Registered
428 Posts
It waits like 10 seconds then takes up the entire screen in the gauge cluster and beeps at me. Pisses me off as I think it is a check engine light or something is wrong. So dumb. Its wisconsin...I get it..its cold.
Yep! Beep, then entire screen warns of ice and to drive with caution.
If that isn't bad enough....it now comes on at 37 degrees! Lawyers got their hands on this one. :serious

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's a fricken little beep! Thank the lord you bought a RAV4 and only have this to complain about!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey (from Wisconsinite #3) it's a valid question - that others - self included, appreciate feedback if other members had an answer.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yes, mine comes on at 37 degrees also, fills the entire screen momentarily and then just shows up in the upper right corner. Personally, I really don't let it bother me.

·
Registered
428 Posts
It's a fricken little beep! Thank the lord you bought a RAV4 and only have this to complain about!!!

Seems harmless but now that blind spot monitoring and other warnings use that same beep, you are now needlessly looking around to see what is up. And at 37 degrees, it is sad also. Ya, no big deal, and nobody making a big deal of it I can see. Just a harmless question if it can be turned off?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I love driving in peoples 'blind spots', especially the Beemers, Benzes, Infinities, etc., etc., etc.! They don't have a clue.

Beeeeeep! ;-)

·
Registered
423 Posts
It only happens in the Winter. :smile

·
Registered
24 Posts
Stuff like this drives me nuts. This beep drives me nuts! The only reason they did this is to prevent a lawsuit. "well I crashed and killed four people but my Toyota failed to inform me that it was 37 degrees outside so it's Toyota's fault". What a joke.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I did a quick Google search and this is a common complaint in other car maker's forums including Ford, Subaru and BMW. I don't live in an area where it alerts very often, but can see how it could be an annoyance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts