Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
You cant do that. You dont have any start motor, So you must keep your battery ready for start the motor. I cant understand why you want hybrid off. I think if push pedal when in P mode, your engine may run contantenous.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You cant do that. You dont have any start motor, So you must keep your battery ready for start the motor. I cant understand why you want hybrid off. I think if push pedal when in P mode, your engine may run contantenous.
If you want to change the oil it is best to be sure the engine has run to full operating temp as this will make the il drain better and more completely.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Start it- Get the engine running- put the car in "neutral". This worked to keep the engine running in older hybrids but I honestly haven't tried it in the 2019/2020.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Drive it as part of your daily habit. Note the temp gauge. When its been "warm" a bit; you are good enough to change oil.

Or get an ODBII dongle and monitor the engine temp and change the oil when you feel its warm enough to change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How do I turn off hybrid system when I want the engine to run continuously?
It's called maintenance mode.
Not really for regular driving .
I wouldn't suggest it .

With ign on.
Tap gas pedal 4 times
Shift to neutral tap 4 times
Back to park, tap 4 times
If done correctly you will see a message with a code ( I can't remember offhand)
Will appear between the speedo and power gauge

When the engine is started it will stay running. Once the car is shut off, it defaults back to normal.

Like everyone else, don't know why you would want to do this. We use it for specific vehicle testing .

·
Registered
298 Posts
Can the gas engine shut off in "neutral"? Neutral is a command to send no power to the motors nor accept any regen. With no power to the M/G there is no starting of the engine. Of course being in "park" is desirable for safety if you are working on the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts