Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems the sound volume of the turn flashier is low, especially if radio is on. I looked for
settings that might alter the instrument panel warning volume, cannot find anything. Anyone else experiencing this? Not major issue, just seems odd.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In past vehicles I had problems hearing it too, just replaced the signal flasher relay with a louder aftermarket option, doesn't seem to be a problem with Rav4s tho for me.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/124-4-4-interior/159385-where-flasher-relay.html#post1560193

Was not an issue with the 2014 Rav4 Limited, which I traded in for this 2017 Rav4 Hybrid. Difference is noticeable! Of course i'll mention to service guys at the dealer. Seeing as everything now electronic, I'm hoping they have access to some service port that can adjust volume. Otherwise I doubt this has a mechanical flasher, however does replace should be simple. We'll soon know.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was not an issue with the 2014 Rav4 Limited, which I traded in for this 2017 Rav4 Hybrid. Difference is noticeable! Of course i'll mention to service guys at the dealer. Seeing as everything now electronic, I'm hoping they have access to some service port that can adjust volume. Otherwise I doubt this has a mechanical flasher, however does replace should be simple. We'll soon know.

Just left the dealer service department...great guys(Glen Toyota)...sad to say the turn signal alert volume is not adjustable. They did adjust at my request number of blinks to 5 when using lane change feature.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just left the dealer service department...great guys(Glen Toyota)...sad to say the turn signal alert volume is not adjustable. They did adjust at my request number of blinks to 5 when using lane change feature.
Sad to say, after driving this car today awhile after leaving the dealer, this Alert Volume issue is more expansive than just turn signals. Lane Departure Alert, Seat Belt Warning Alert, Turn Signals are all very low volume. Unbelievable these so called safety features are so muted and non-attention getting. There may be more like this, so far thats what I know. Very disappointed, especially after having a 2014 Limited with Tech Package that worked as would be expected. I intend to pursue this with Toyota.

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
The parking assist "buzzer"(the manual calls it a buzzer!) volume is adjustable as is the power back door buzzer volume, one of those may help with the LDA and seatbelt buzzer volume, they're obnoxiously loud on mine even when I'm not wearing my hearing aids. Could be a defective buzzer too.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The parking assist "buzzer"(the manual calls it a buzzer!) volume is adjustable as is the power back door buzzer volume, one of those may help with the LDA and seatbelt buzzer volume, they're obnoxiously loud on mine even when I'm not wearing my hearing aids. Could be a defective buzzer too.
Thanks for the suggestions, intelligent thought appreciated. Appears Power Back Door setting is set to max(3) so no influence on the other so-called alerts. What I can believe, although would've been bad judgment by Toyota, is earlier cars(like my 2014) had loud LDA alert. Not out of the realm of possibility Toyota overreacted to customer complaint about that. If so, they went toooooo far. We'll see where this leads...

Thanks again for the thought...

...Bob

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...getting readjusted to the subtle alerts volumes for LDA, Seat Belt, Turn Signals. Made more disconcerting since coming for 2014 Limited with Tech package that was clear and attention getting. But we'll live with it. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a 2009 RAV4 with the sound being too low. Bought a 2017 Hybrid last week and during the demo made a comment it was too low. Cant hear the LDA, turn signals etc. I have had passengers in my 2009 telling me there was a warning sound I expect the same in the 2017.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All those sounds are too low on my 2018 Rav4 Hybrid LE. As someone else said, if these are supposed to be safety features, the manufacturer should make sure that they can be heard. I drove a Hyundai Santa Fe for a few days with the same safety features and all the sounds were easy to hear. It seems to me that this problem is worthy of a recall.

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
Flasher volume is adjustable on the '19 with Techstream or Carista, it may be the same for the 4th gen, but I never checked for my '16 Ltd HV because I never had a problem hearing it even tho I'm old and don't have the best hearing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sad to say, after driving this car today awhile after leaving the dealer, this Alert Volume issue is more expansive than just turn signals. Lane Departure Alert, Seat Belt Warning Alert, Turn Signals are all very low volume. Unbelievable these so called safety features are so muted and non-attention getting. There may be more like this, so far thats what I know. Very disappointed, especially after having a 2014 Limited with Tech Package that worked as would be expected. I intend to pursue this with Toyota.
I agree with you. I just got a new 2019 rav4 hybrid slx, all the volumes are too long, but I do like the radio volume.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts