Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, problem is reguarding my 1998 rav4.. I have a wiring question for those whos knowledge greatly exceeds mine when it comes to electrical, I'm sure there is someone here who can help ( and would be much appreciated) Anyway i was hit in the front
(minor damage) and my parking light/indicator ripped right out of the harness. Pretty much the wires are still there ripping the plugs out. I searched and searched for the 1157a indicator assembly and can only find after market "dorman 1157a bulb plugs, which seem easy to wire right up. There are 3 wires that go into the connector that ripped off.
My question is would this wire up to my car even though its not OEM? I dont even care if it plugs directly into my new light housing just as long as the light works after wiring it up. Inspection is up and i need that blinker working. Help! I attached a link to what i think could wire up but don't know for sure, i will also post up a picture of my wires tomorrow in the daylight.
Dorman 84809 Turn Signal Light Socket | eBay

Looking forward to responses

·
Registered
432 Posts
I used the link and put in your car details and it says it doesn't fit....
Try a scrap yard/ used parts / car dismantler - sorry, having trouble finding the American words...
Otherwise try an online Toyota parts supplier, good luck.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
17,326 Posts
Junkyard, Ken! But scrap yard is good as well!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.