Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Page 305 of the user manual stated you can turn off the blind spot monitoring system by using the touch screen in a 2016 RAV4. I have a 2016 RAV4 SE, and followed the instruction on page 305.

There is no BSM option under the Settings menu. There is also no BSM button I can see on the dash.

Has anyone tried it?

I just wanted to see if the green BSM indicator would go off on the information display screen.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
All relevant settings are available via the MFD and steering wheel buttons. At the bottom of the MFD it says if the BSM system is on.

Are you sure the SE even has this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Canadian model SE have BSM. The small multi screen display has the "BSM" lit up in green, when I'm backing up and there is a vehicle approaching from the side, I get a sound informing me a vehicle is approaching, the side view mirrors has the yellow BSM warning symbols.

Therefore, I can safely say my 2016 RAV4 SE have BSM.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The Canadian model SE have BSM. The small multi screen display has the "BSM" lit up in green, when I'm backing up and there is a vehicle approaching from the side, I get a sound informing me a vehicle is approaching, the side view mirrors has the yellow BSM warning symbols.

Therefore, I can safely say my 2016 RAV4 SE have BSM.
You can turn off the BSM from the menu in the settings menu in your speedometer gauge. You will use the controls on your steering wheel to navigate the menu settings. It will not be done from your touch screen system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts