Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first one i was wondering if anyone has installed the ipod into the rav, and yes what'd you use and how much. I've looked at Icelink by Dension but they don't have one out yet for the Rav4. I also would like to keep the headunit stock to know.

My other idea was, has anyone heard of those angle eye foglights. I wanted to know if there were any out there that would fit in the factory slot of the 2005. I think pilot has some but i am not sure of the size of the foglight hole.

Thanks in advance :shock:

·
Registered
986 Posts
I had two sets of Pilot fog lights and they were junk.

The angel eyes from Optilux (Hella) are better.

As far as the iPod, I don't know if you can hook it into the stock head unit itself, however you can use an FM transmitter that hooks into the antenna of the stock head unit. Then you just listen to the iPod like a radio station, however those adapters don't sound very good though.

Try posting the question on www.yotatech.com also, many of those guys have installed iPods in their Toyotas. You could also try www.toyotanation.com however YotaTech is better.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do those hellas fit in the stock holes for the 05 and 04 models?

·
Registered
986 Posts
I've heard of a few people installing different round-style fog lights in the '04 Ravs, which I believe have the same fog light mounting holes as the '05 Ravs.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So for the foglights you think they would be a perfect fit in the OEM hole?
Do you know of anyother manufactuers that would have the angel eye fogs but in different color angel eyes

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Two great Ideas... well sorta

colombiano11 said:
Ok first one i was wondering if anyone has installed the ipod into the RAV, and yes what'd you use and how much. I've looked at Icelink by Dension but they don't have one out yet for the RAV4. I also would like to keep the headunit stock to know.
I don't know whether your stock head unit has an AUX input or not. If so, you could buy a Belkin iPod Car Adapter, which I use to hook up my iPod mini to the AUX input of my Clarion deck. If you do not have an AUX input, you can use an FM transmitter.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can use a PIE or Blitzsafe AUX input adapter if you don't want to go the FM mod route. If you want to use your steering wheel controls (if you have them) and change tracks, you can use the Ipod2Car adapter, but that ain't cheap:

Linky

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright i purchased my fogs and i was wondering if anyone knew around how much it would cost to install them.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i'm pissed i recieved my fogs and found out that they are tiny compared to the stock hole and they don't look right at all. I'm gonna have to return them. I called toyota today to see if they sold fogs as an aftermarket but they don't and not only that they told me that the factory fogs aren't even circular they're more of an oblong shape. So now i don't know what to do i really wanted those foglights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts