Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering a new RAVV4 Hybrid Limited (gulp...). I do like me some leather (or leather-like) seats. I've seen online photos of the two-toned interior featuring "cinnamon" leatherette accents on the seats and dash. I have not seen one in the real world yet (might this weekend).

While I'll admit it looks kinda nice and classy, I wonder that in a few years it will look very "dated" and out of style.

For those of you who have seen this interior color scheme in the real world (especially those who have bought a car with it), what are your impressions? Do you think this scheme will "age" well and still look classy in 5-10 years...or will it look like a stylistic throwback?

In the linked photos, it also looks pretty "orange" - I'm assuming that's not a good representation of the actual color, and I expect it's more "tan" than "orange" - true?

I know, this is all completely subjective. Still, I'd be interested in hear others' impressions.

·
Registered
423 Posts
To each his own, I suppose, however when we were looking to purchase our Hybrid Limited, there was one with the cinnamon interior on the lot and I liked it but my wife didn't. However, we were both happy with the ash interior, so that is the one that we purchased. But when my neighbor, who is looking to purchase one, went over and looked at it, he loved the cinnamon interior. So I suppose it does boil down to personal preference. I saw that interior when looking at a picture of a Maserati the other day and it had the same color cinnamon interior. As far as the true color, I think that it appears different in different photos under different light. [/[URL=http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/bmolloy1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-05/6921E514-D8BB-4CBA-B01D-21D54A855583_zpslwpcmccj.jpg.html]

·
Registered
67 Posts
Personally I like it, but this car is for my wife and she opted for the Black Softex (Toyota's synthetic leather). I cannot imagine that Cinnamon interior trim will adversely affect the resale value in 10 years, it might even help. I say get what you like.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We got in on our 16 SE. It was a selling feature for us. I always prefer an all black interior, but I saw this combo in person and loved it. Wife wanted it, she got it haha

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have the two tone interior on my 2013 LTD. I'm still a fan.

After I got mine the higher end SUVs were all be advertised with nearly the same interior colors. That alone tells me that it will be a selling feature when the time comes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We both hate all-black interiors (too hot, too boring, too dark). When shopping for our Hybrid, the only in-stock choices that paired with an OK external color were all black or cinnamon. We both drove the cinnamon on extended test drives, and the longer we were in the car, the more it grew on us. We're only a couple weeks into ownership, but we both like the contrast and lightness it brings to the dash area.

We thought the cinnamon + black + light headliner would be odd, but it really works well together - for us, at any rate.

As for resale, it's like any color combo: all you need is one person to like it, and I'm sure that won't be a problem any number of years from now.

-rob.

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
If the choice were between the cinnamon and all black or black-ish interior both my wife and I would opt for cinnamon, especially since neither of us likes black, which gets hot easily and for us is boring. With our current cars my RAV and her CR-V, we made certain that we would be able to have predominately tan interiors, the only alternative to black at the time. Cinnamon shouldn't negatively affect resale value but it's difficult to predict what will go over well in a few years' time. Black might even be out by then . . .

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the cinnamon+black interior on my Rav4 Hybrid - really complements the black exterior. It looks better in person than in the promo pics (at least to me).

·
Registered
104 Posts
That was a deal breaker for my wife - she didn't like the color scheme. Myself, it didn't bother me - probably one of those things that grows on you after time. Only thing I'd worry about is how it fades over time, especially if the vehicle is garaged outdoors. I usually stick with non-offensive / plain colors (black, beige, grey) if I plan on reselling the car later. Sometimes a louder color scheme might work - but not everyone's cup of tea.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ha! I re-read that - that's pretty good. Guessing it is a matter of semantics / word choices from region to region. Here they use garaged and parked interchangeably, for some reason. Like when I ask for a pop at a restaurant (grew up in Ohio) - now living in Virginia, they just look at me all weird, asking me what the heck is pop!?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the cinnamon interior and love it. It took about a day to grow on me, but I decided I like it. The color is very nice in person, a saddle type reddish tan. I get quite few comments about how nice it looks.

I do have the combo that is predominantly black, and prefer it to the other. Just a preference, though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have this on ours, and when people (friends, neighbors, service rep) see it, it's the first thing they comment on.

The exterior color was the driving factor - we got the super white - since there are some colors we didn't like. And we were able to find ours used! :) so our choice was made for us.

I think the interior will hold up over time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
After three BMW's and a VW Passat with all black, the cinnamon just popped for me. My wife didn't like it at first but now she quite likes it. Its different and a move away from traditional colour combo's. I have the current Car and Driver and noted that several very high end vehicles also have the cinnamon colour in their interior. And I haven't scorched my legs on the leatherette type material, and refreshing I don't have to 'treat' the fake leather.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there everybody, just joined the RAV4world. We have the 2013 2.5 VX AWD and have just ordered the new one, same model 2.5 VX AWD, but in Bronze with the cinnamon interior. If you get it, and we (me and her indoors) love it, make sure you have it 3M coated

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi there everybody, just joined the RAV4world. We have the 2013 2.5 VX AWD and have just ordered the new one, same model 2.5 VX AWD, but in Bronze with the cinnamon interior. If you get it, and we (me and her indoors) love it, make sure you have it 3M coated
Congratulations on your new car!
I had to Google a "VX" you must be live in the UK. That is a model unfamiliar to us here in the US.
Enjoy:smile

·
Registered
423 Posts
When I purchased my RAV last October, I really, really wanted the Cinnamon interior. Yes, it is classy. However, there were absolutely zero RAV4 AWD Limiteds in SoCal at that time, so I was stuck with black. I don't like the black at all. Really shows dirt.

As far as Cinnamon going "out of style" . . . I never paid much mind to the latest styles, so it wouldn't bother me. If I like it, I'll get it and keep it.

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Since you didn't complete your profile I guessed from your user name that you are in South Africa - is that true? Congratulations for ordering your new RAV - that color combination is stupendous, and unfortunately unavailable in the US. My wife might even consider moving to wherever that color scheme is available so she could have a RAV with it!
:wink

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes, me from South Africa, and will upload pics of the new vehicle when it arrives, REALLY looking forward to it, the cinnamon interior gives it a sense of space and light inside, really changes the whole tone of the vehicle and the exterior color, Burnished Bronze with tinted windows is stunning, complete with 18" mags all round as standard.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts