Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Toyota RAV4 XLE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The attachment shows two 50/50 Pre-Diluted Super Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant but one is $18 and the other is about $34. Top is labeled "Toyota/Scion" while the bottom is for "Toyota/Lexus". Is that the only thing that creates this price difference? Which one would be recommended to use if there is a huge difference?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,888 Posts
I'd use the less expensive one.

Moved to 4.4 forum

·
Super Moderator
9,888 Posts
$18+$12 shipping vs $33.66 free ship
Yep, I missed that. But over the years I've seen items that should cost $200 on eBay selling for $10 (with $190 shipping). Those sellers go on my never-buy-from list.

Reactions: MACK-MAN

·
Registered
8,361 Posts
Should be the same coolant but according to the labels one is pre-diluted and the other is undiluted. The undiluted predictably is 2X the price of the diluted coolant.

PS - Disregard the part about one coolant being diluted and the other not. I completely blew it reading the labels..But both should be satisfactory and meet Toyota requirements.

·
Super Moderator
9,888 Posts
Should be the same coolant but according to the labels one is pre-diluted and the other is undiluted. The undiluted predictably is 2X the price of the diluted coolant.
Not in my picture Jim. Both say DO NOT ADD WATER.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
One says Toyota, the other says Toyota / Lexus - the Toyota / Lexus has to cost more $$$ because it has Lexus on the label. ;)

·
Registered
438 Posts
In the 50's, 60's, 70's and most of the 80's, every mechanic I knew would order Chevy parts when they were working on a Caddy engine. Same part, half price or less. Good to see that the car companies and stealerships are carrying on a long and proud tradition.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Those are Ebay lists. Seller can post any price and shipping cost or free shipping. It is pointless to discuss them. For toyota products, one should check part number, years, description, etc.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts

This is what I use - price $19.99.

Reactions: hellorav4world

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Toyota RAV4 XLE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would be EXTREMELY reluctant to gamble on aftermarket coolant. Especially when you can get OEM one for about the same price ($43 for two jugs including shipping). It is even less if you go to the nearest toyota dealer.

Thanks for the advice! I ended buying Toyota's coolant just to be safe.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Save yourself a chunk of money next time and just buy the undiluted. You get twice the amount of coolant and last time I went, it was actually cheaper than the diluted. Spend the extra money on some distilled water (to mix the coolant) and a nice lunch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts