Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2007 Rav4 V6 Limited with 220,000 KMs few months back and been looking at all the maintenance schedules that Toyota provides. Does any one have a better advice on what i should do regularly to keep the car for another 200,000 kms? the following is what I got from Toyota maintenance and various sources:

1 - Every 5,000 miles do oil and filter
2 - Every 10,000 miles change cabin air filter (or check it every time you do oil change)
3 - Every 15,000 miles inspect engine air filter, brakes, front and rear differential oils, transfer case oil, tranny and brake fluid and engine coolant
4 - Every 50,000 miles replace tranny oil
5 - Every 100,000 miles replace engine coolant and spark plugs.

everything else just do as it fails. did I get this right. Please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Since you did not fill your profile out do you have 4WD?
Change transfer case and rear differential oil at 60,000 km (40000 miles) 4WD only .
Grease caliper slide pins every 1-2 years with silicone grease.
Replace brake fluid when required. Use a brake fluid tester.
Replace pvc valve at least once every 100,000 miles to prevent future problems

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since you did not fill your profile out do you have 4WD?
Change transfer case and rear differential oil at 60,000 km (40000 miles) 4WD only .
Grease caliper slide pins every 1-2 years with silicone grease.
Replace brake fluid when required. Use a brake fluid tester.
Replace pvc valve at least once every 100,000 miles to prevent future problems
yes it is 4WD. thank you for the information. the rest seems good to you as well?

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
yes it is 4WD. thank you for the information. the rest seems good to you as well?
The rest looks ok. Forgot that the serpentine belt can be changed just over 100000 miles. They do last longer than this but some members had it failed early so it may vary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts