Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

What do you think is the ugliest Rav4 generation?

• Gen 1 - The original

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Gen 2 - Curvy / Bubbly

• Gen 3 - Small truck like

• Gen 4 - Curvy / Mr. Bubbly

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Gen 5 - Adv Small truck like

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, what do you think is the ugliest? No answer is wrong we all have our own opinions. :love::eek::)

·
Registered
24 Posts
It grew on me. Except for the ass end, I like the look of my 2018 better than the new ones. I wouldn't mind the added horse power of the new on though.

·
Premium Member
7,355 Posts
I've had a 4.3 V6 base, '15 Ltd, '16 Ltd HV and the '19 XLE Premium, the '19 is the best looking of all and my favorite...so far!

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is a bit of loaded, rhetorical question... obviously the 2019's are the best looking. But each previous generation has character. I think the 4.3 is the ugliest by far though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think the 4.5 rear kinda looks like the Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk... not sure if I would want my RAV4 to get mistaken with a piece of junk. The interior is awesome though I like all the tech that Toyota has added.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, worse than the 4.3 but not by much. Better looking in person, I just shopped a '15 that looked horrid in the pics but better live. So far as the view from inside, it's by far the worst I've seen. The windshield is at a very severe angle and has less vision all around than my 4.2, and the 4.3 and 4.5 I shopped.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I only think the 4.4 2003 and below are ugly. I don't like the front and rear end as it looks cheap. I actaully love the 4.5 SUV looking vehicle.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Don't care for the latter years' 4.4s but otherwise the RAV4s generally have the utilitarian appearance which has been associated with most SUVs.

·
Registered
230 Posts
It grew on me. Except for the ass end, I like the look of my 2018 better than the new ones. I wouldn't mind the added horse power of the new on though.
It is pretty ugly back there on the 18. Toyota needs to hire more designers to work on the back end of their cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts