Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Can anyone tell me if the 2012 model has projector type headlamps, and also if bulbs purchased in Canada would have the correct beam for the UK, thinking of getting LED kits and have a contact out there

Cheers
Jonesyi

·
Registered
244 Posts
Even when you have projector type headlights, it's not certain if LED kits will give a correct light beam.
RAV4 projector lenses are designed for bulbs with glow-wire, and fortunately also suitable for HID kits.

So you have a 50/50 chance that your LED kit will work, and give a correct and approvable beam of light.
You could search the net a bit, to find RAV4 specific LED kits. I saw some the other day...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Theo
Thanks for the information, I have searched for rav 4 specific ones but without much success. The ones I am looking at are Eurovision G5 ones, or Putco. Can you remember which ones you saw or which website it was?

Many thanks
Jonesyi

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you search the net on "RAV4 2012 LED headlight" you'll find quite a few. For example on Ebay.

I think this option may be even better.
It's a complete LED module, with balanced mirror, so the light pattern should be perfect.
Maybe you can ask this seller if he has US and EU models, regarding the allowed lightbeam.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts