Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have browsed the threads concerning driver's seats but so far none have gone over the top to consider radical (expensive, alternative) seats. Got anything ?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Maybe one of these. I've thought about changing my driver's seat for one but they can be quite pricey and in general I don't know how they would work with our seat air bags system. At least some higher end model GM products have had them as OEM or as options: https://www.recaro-automotive.com/us/home.html

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Maybe one of these. I've thought about changing my driver's seat for one but they can be quite pricey and in general I don't know how they would work with our seat air bags system. At least some higher end model GM products have had them as OEM or as options: https://www.recaro-automotive.com/us/home.html
I would think the airbag issue would put this in the "forget about it" category. Unless, of course, you're willing to "forget about the airbags"!

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would think the airbag issue would put this in the "forget about it" category. Unless, of course, you're willing to "forget about the airbags"!
Ouch. Plus Toyota is not among the manufactures' models.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
About the Recaro airbags situation, this is from one of their official web pages:
"Universal side airbag

The following statistics show how important side airbags have become: 10 years ago, only 5% of all new vehicles came equipped with a side airbag. The number is now 95%.

RECARO Automotive Seating is the first and only manufacturer in the world to offer aftermarket seats with a universal side airbag."

I don't know how Recaro airbags systems would work in a RAV. They also make adapter mounting kits and others are available, sometimes even via Ebay. The main drawbacks for me are the prices for the seats themselves and possible side clearance issues in a RAV. Whether one wants to pay the cost depends upon the degree of discomfort one has with the OEM RAV seats. :wink

1 - 5 of 5 Posts