Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a '13 RAV4 Limited; and a Samsung Galaxy 5 phone. The system used to read text messages if I was driving; or display them if I was stopped. Now, I just get a message saying 'text messages unavailable'.

I've uninstalled/re-installed my phone. Dealership has worked on my navi system since purchased new in '13. Head unit was replaced a couple months ago. Now dealership has given up on trying to resolve the problems with the navi and suggested I try a different dealer or Toyota corporate.

Appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi,
I have a '13 RAV4 Limited; and a Samsung Galaxy 5 phone. The system used to read text messages if I was driving; or display them if I was stopped. Now, I just get a message saying 'text messages unavailable'.

I've uninstalled/re-installed my phone. Dealership has worked on my navi system since purchased new in '13. Head unit was replaced a couple months ago. Now dealership has given up on trying to resolve the problems with the navi and suggested I try a different dealer or Toyota corporate.

Appreciate any suggestions.
Did they update the software?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
644 Posts
To pinpoint he issue:
1) Try another phone. If other phone works, the issue is the latest phone update.
2) Try your phone with another Entune. Dealer may help. Pretend you are test driving. :)
3) Check the BT profiles in BT setting in the phone for protocols enabled. Possibly you have answered NO when it popped up.

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Unpair and repair the BT. Watch carefully for the phone asking for access to the contact list and the text messages. If you don't allow them, the car won't be able to read them.

I use the AD2P Audio app to have my Hangouts and SMS messages read to me instead of using the built in head unit which requires me to tap the phone menu before it will read my messages.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, software was updated when head unit replaced. However, I was unable to read texts prior to installation of new head unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts